Bendix crash alarm

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Mte, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Mte

Mte Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Can the Bendix crash alarm system be disabled or turned off on my 2017 T880? I hate this thing and I feel it’s a big distraction. Any helpful input appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    If you own it, yes. If not ask your boss, if he says no. Then no

4. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    It can but it involves cutting things. It'll get you into hot water with your company, probably termination. These systems are commonly linked to the ELD. Not sure about Paccars but I "heard" you can cut the white ground wire going into the box on the bumper. Worked on a Mack with Bendix system. Don't expect to utilize your cruise control if the system gets disabled, as it will not allow it to operate. I ran all over the north east in a spare truck with that system. It's virtually impossible to keep the distance that box wants you to keep anywhere in that region.

5. Mte

Mte Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Yes I own it but don’t want cause any issue with other stuff. MHC told me No but I figure they don’t want the liability. Looking for expert tech opinion you understand

6. Mte

Mte Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Yes it’s my truck. I’m afraid of causing issues with other stuff just cutting the wires. I’ve owned and drove trucks since 1995 This is first I’ve had with it and I hate it. Got to be a way to disable. Just need some expert tech advice on how. Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.