BEST A.P.U.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FREEBRD, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Gentlemanfarmer

Gentlemanfarmer Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Greenville, FL
    I did make derogatory comments on September 30, 2011 before contacting Gary Parks at HP 2000 (Parks Industries). I was very frustrated that the original installer could not resolve any problems.

Now that the APU is working correctly, I will recommend it over the Tri-Pak for cost and efficiency. I would also recommend using Kenworth of Central Florida as the primary installer and not Snider Tire (aka Mechanix SE).

ph4td4ddy and x#1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skychicken

Skychicken Bobtail Member

Jan 2, 2012
    These are great products. The company is ran by the owner and designer, and as seen in other posts, they really stand behind their product. If you contact them mention the name Nathan. He or the owner, Gary can help you out. Give them a try.
    They have some comparisons on their website. Just search for HP2000APU.

4. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    Ive been looking @ all the comparisons out there and have it narrowed down to HP or TK, HP looks easier to install/work on,but TK has service in almost every major city in the U.S. So I guess it comes down to initial cost between these two.I know how proud of their unit TK is, what did you pay for your HP? Also do you know if they have a shore power opt. for when your home for a extended time?

buddyvuk Thanks this.
  5. WolfsonTransports

WolfsonTransports Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Rogers,. MN
    Also wondering the same thing. $$$

I have a rigmaster and am ready scrap the pile of ######

Thank you

6. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    Gary Parks sent me an e-mail said 6800.00 + shipping or 8400.00 installed

buddyvuk Thanks this.
  7. oilfieldtrash

oilfieldtrash Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Jones,Oklahoma
    And I will tell you claiming it and doing it are two very different things. You probably be very lucky to 32,000 btu combined heat and a/c. Almost all of the apus claim high btu's but come nowhere close to producing them.

buddyvuk Thanks this.
  8. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Especially when they're broke. Gotta take that into consideration... an APU that won't APU is about 400 lbs or so of useless ballast. Especially in Arizona in the summer or Norte Dakota in the winter.

GITRDUN45 Thanks this.
  9. Roadrunner21

Roadrunner21 Bobtail Member

Mar 26, 2012
    St. Louis, MO
    Do a little research. Just got back from the truck show. The HP2000 is my pick. I've heard a lot of good things from other drivers unlike the TK's plus I wont have to tear up my truck to install it. Plenty of places for service, lighter, smaller... plus its been on the road a long time. The more you look around ull probably agree. Just google hp2000apu and read some of the reviews.

ph4td4ddy Thanks this.
  10. monkeypuncher

monkeypuncher Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    dallas,tx
    Sounds like a good unit...I am fed up with my TK.

11. TriPac Dude

TriPac Dude Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Joplin Missouri
    Come on all you TriPac haters! Last two posts on here said TriPacs suck. Well that's not true at all! Why have I seen more TriPacs going down the road or in truck stops than any other APU? Even Carriers aren't as popular. And if the HP2000 is so great, how come I've never actually seen one? All APUs will have problems, yes, even TriPacs. But there are over 100,000 TriPacs on the road, and still running strong. Yes I'm partial to TriPac, hence my name on this site, but I had two Carriers, and they were pretty good, but didn't keep the top bunk cool in the heat of summer. TriPac will freeze your butt off if you let it. Also they are by far the quietest I've ever heard. And no, I'm not a Thermo King rep. Me and my dad have one on our truck, and absolutely love it. TriPac- best APU on the market! Go TriPac!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.