Best Anti Gel Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Blanche, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    i've heard multiple complaints about howes this year. i think i'll stick with Power Service.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    what are complaints you've heard? People dont follow directions and think thank putting a bottle in tank will keep summer fuel from gelling. In fact it states right on the bottle to double the dose if you're using biodiesel blend.

4. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    that they still gel up.

5. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    Have you used it yourself?
    Ive gelled up twice. Once Ive dumped howes in both tanks and fueled up and parked my truck. Next morning it was -11F and I didnt idle and it gelled up at the fuel filter-my fault I didnt idle enough to circulate treated fuel through filters. Another time I've used a bottle of power service and I was shut down for 34 reset in MN and temp got down to -15F. I simply didnt put enough anti gel that time.

6. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    i've used both.

7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Same reason people hate on swift, pilot flying j, freightliner, etc.
    Large company - see it everywhere so likely has the most customers..
    I've never had an issue with howes, I think any brand really will do, if you use it as directed... but that would mean admitting one can not follow simple instructions...when has anyone ever known that to be a common trait amongst truck drivers?

Just watch temperatures and what fuel you are buying and use the brain for a few seconds is all it takes
    Although I am glad to see my competition still struggles with these elementary issues.. too bad in Canada there is no thinking required- would put a lot of my competition frozen up left right and center.... how cold can you survive with that bunk heater or heavy sleeping bag again..?

8. mitmaks

May 16, 2014
    My bunk heater kept me warm at -15F

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.