Best cell phone provider with nationwide coverage

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by MacGuy81, Mar 30, 2012.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    s print always has and will probably will always have the best plan for pricing. i had them for 12 years and my bils have always been $80 plus tax.

unfortunately, i had to give up sprint cuz of coverage. verizon is the most expensive carrier. but they've got the best coverage too.

if you're in the east. any carrier will suffice. but over here on the west. you have two choices. the cheapest being sprint but lacks coverage. or the most expensive being verizon but has coverage.

att and tmo are in the middle for pricing but are the worse in coverage.

if i wasn't a traveling man. i never woulda left sprint. with them. the word UNLIMITED means just that. and it don't matter what carrier you're calling too. they have no friends and family circles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sedain

sedain Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2010
    actually sprint to sprint is free also.. and the unlimited is the seller for alot of people. the coverage is fine, ive had them 6+ yrs and even if there isnt a sprint tower, if any other carrier has a tower within range roaming is FREE as well.

4. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    roaming is not FULLY free. I have sprint. If you are roaming and call someone mobile to mobile, watch your minutes drain (Unless you are on an unlimited everything plan). Free mobile to mobile ONLY counts when on the ACTUAL Sprint network, not roaming.

Also in your fine print you will see if you use over 300mb data roaming or over 400 minutes roaming a month over and over, they will term your contract with no ETF.

5. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Wanna provide a source for these "independent tests"?

6. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Yeah really !! AT&T has gone to sheet. You couldn't touch the Cingular unit in it's day for coverage just like you couldn't touch GTE mobilenet. AT&T bites outside of major areas or off the interstate.

Lately AT&T has started Sprint billing tactics of erroneous charges on the bill too. I now have to watch the bill like a hawk and I have better things to do with my time then call them to beech about $2. here and $6 there.

Folks seem more happier with Sprint and since AT&T lost T-mobile I may head that way at contract.

My 2 cents.....

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009

as a frequent customer of 12 years and a heavy internet user in the way of movies. i can say that your information is false.

maybe if your current plan is one that you picked out 6 years ago. but with sprint. the word unlimited means just that. and it'sthe only plans they sell now.

8. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    Ok, there's several "pro" sprint posts here. I've used sprint for several years. While they are a decent carrier. the coverage stinks. I can't use my cellphone from house, unless I hold my mouth just right, while standing on my head in the west corner of my house. OR I can go outside and find the right spot in the yard to stand. Most of the time on or near Interstate highways there's no problems with Sprint. I live only 4 miles off I-35.

I've discussed this with several carriers, and I guess my house/town is located in a forever dead-spot. Next, US-50 Hwy, west of Strong City clear out to Hutchinson, KS isn't worth a crap. I run that stretch a lot, and have just about given up on being able to use my phone. I'll show almost full bars, until I go to make a call or answer one. Then suddenly nothing!!

The only reason I'm still with sprint, is my step-daughter used to work for them. We got a family plan, at an employee's discount. So long as we don't change our plans, we still get the same price, even though she was laid off about 3 yrs ago. We can't find another carrier worth a darn, that can come close to that price, so we're stuck for the time being.

9. Coldest1

Coldest1 Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Las Vegas,NV

Well Said!! In addition to that, sprint customers use ANY tower that has a signal (roaming) for FREE. With the unlimited.

10. Burnin Ace

Burnin Ace Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Milwaukee,Wi
    Service has been good. Just picked up the Droid Razor Maxx. Used it back and forth from Arizona to Wisconsin and had no issues..So far so good.

11. Don.B

Don.B Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Halifax, VA
    If you already have a phone, you can get a straight talk sim card for $15. It's $45 a month with unlimited everything, plus state sales tax. As you are most likely going to be ona "main route" coverage is good.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.