Beverage or regional

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dragonheart, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Nepa3223

Nepa3223 Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2018
    I had some (flatbed) western express drivers come talk when I was waiting to getting loaded. For flatbed I could say that they were definitely underpaid and they were running regional. What they grossed was my take home

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I've lived in Pensacola and Beulah. I know someone who is a dog handler at the airport.

4. Dragonheart

Dragonheart Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2018
    Im retired from Florida

5. Dragonheart

Aug 24, 2018
    I looked at Mc Elroy for flatbed

6. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    One for not obeying highway sign, no points with it. The issue isnt with my application or driving history, its the lack of LTL experience.

I just got a call from Central this morning "Thanks for your interest but we are only considering applicants who have a minimum of 2 years hauling doubles". Even the rusty, yellow trailered step child of LTL wants experienced drivers only in FL.

7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Beverage company employees are the most miserable people you’ll ever meet. I’m sure there’s a reason for that.

8. slim shady

slim shady Road Train Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Chicago, Il.
    Around here Coca cola is a well paying union job

9. Dragonheart

Aug 24, 2018
    Not paid well but staying close to home. I’ve talked to several companies that say local will count as experience and I’ve talked to a lot of local companies for local driving jobs require at least one year experience. I would love to find a driving job to be a out a few days then home a few days

10. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    There seems to be plenty of those when Ive been looking. Out 5 home for 2. Check Craigslist, Carrol Fulmer advertise on there alot, claim to get you home for weekends. There are other regional companies too.

Dragonheart Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.