Beware crooked Mercer!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by texasmorrell, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Oak barrels are great! Bourbon aged whiskey in oak is wonderful!

Of course, I’m more of a tequila man. Speaking of which, I scored a bottle of Don Julio 1942 today. That’ll run you about $30 a shot in a bar. REALLY REALLY GOOD Tequila! Clase Azul is about the only stuff that’s better, IMO.

kemosabi49 and mjd4277 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Well, when ya deal in volume, like Frank does.....

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  4. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Old news, happened years ago.

Cabinover101 and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I guess the op didn't like what he was hearing....didn't like hearing the facts..

6. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Too busy looking for the gps tracker on the dry van.

Cabinover101, drvrtech77 and ZVar Thank this.
  7. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    He's gonna get screwed when they find it. his credit will take a huge hit. Plus the van will be reported stolen anyway lol

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    I can just see it now. In five years from now we get a post from the op.
    "Hey Mercer sent me to jail for five years because I refused to work for free and pull their trailer back to their yard." Of course completely ignoring the fact he pulled any tracker that may or may not be in it and went and "hid" it on the in law's farm......

9. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Yeah this guy is just full of it. He claims mercer is forcing him to drive back just to turn permits in. As of now I'm still set to quit Monday and they said I can keep my permits till I get where I need too. Then mail them back lol

Lonesome, roshea and ZVar Thank this.
  10. jezter5677

jezter5677 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Well he did do something stupid and got his contract cancelled,

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  11. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    OK I’ll answer that question. I asked Mercer that exact question in a set of interrogatories I sent them in the civil suit we are engaged in right now. Mercer’s response was that “we had a disagreement”. The disagreement was that on February 5th I contacted payroll and inquired about some loads in which I was paid less than 75% of what Mercer was paid for the load. The next day on February 6th I was contacted by the operations manager at Mercer and told that my services were no longer needed. These are not my words, these are the exact words Mercer used in the court filings. They fired me because I asked to see proof that they were paying me my 75%. It turns out they are not paying 75%. They are screwing over many contractors. It’s in their business model. It’s the only way they can stay in business. And I got them to admit it in court on the record. They also admitted to the court that many of their loads are oral agreements only. So they have no contract in which they can prove how much they were supposed to be paid. Mercer actually told the court this. Mercer told the court this because the court had ordered them to turn over copies of all contracts for all loads I hauled while at Mercer so I could verify I was paid the correct amount. As if anyone is stupid enough to believe that a load is hauled across the interstate highways based on an oral agreement. But they actually told this to the judge. The judge didn’t buy it either. So if any other current Mercer contractors are reading this if you want to stay at Mercer be careful what questions you ask. If you want to stay at Mercer you also can’t really care if you’re getting your 75% or not. Just suck it up and accept it.

omaharj, jsnell, nikmirbre and 2 others Thank this.
  12. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    What the hell did I just read?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.