Beware of Basin Western.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Dr_Fandango44, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Initially signed a lease agreement with this co as a buddy said it was a great place to work. But soon changed my mind when looking at the fine print. The plate alone would have cost me around $2000 yr. and installing the logs..$600. after talking with the terminal mgr, he wanted me to take an empty trailer down to another O/O and swap out his. But O/O had no desire to switch jobs. Discussing this with the terminal mgr, I could tell he wasn’t pleased and was telling the driver a different story. That was a red flag. Too many loose ends, too much uncertainty. And as it turned out within a week of me quitting, my friend quit too and they owe him a lot of money. On top of that because of deductions, he hadn’t made a dime in almost a month !! My advice, stay away. They will lock you up and you will never get out of the financial hole. BTW these folks are based in Roosevelt. UT and we were going to work in Midland TX hauling jet fuel and crude oil. The whole thing smacks of a co that wants to make you a slave with little pay and they make all of the money.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Sounds like the other advice should be not to listen to your friend.

Broke Down 69, Lonesome and Smut Thank this.
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    That darned fine print...……..

Frank Speak and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.