BEWARE: SCHNEIDER STAY AWAY FROM!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by DENISERAMBO, Dec 16, 2017.

1. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Lol #### it, I was planning on retiring from here. This really sucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OPUS 7

OPUS 7 Road Train Member

Aug 13, 2010
    YAWN!!! Local drivers know wth were going.We don't hold up traffic,while otr guy stops,and starts 20 times looking for the street he already drove by.
    Were more observant,as we slept in our bed last night,and slapped our wife on the arse before going to work.
    Were not parked in stupid spots,because we ran out of time due to poor planning.
    We don't show up late,or early,and smell of soap and shampoo.
    We giggle at the otr guys that cant hit a dock,no matter what they drive in our gigantic parking lot.
    We know most wont survive long enough to drive local and gain any form of sanity.
    Yea,,were not truckers ,were smarter than that:D
    Gotta go now..beers getting low,going to fridge to get another,before going to my bed at home..
    Sleep tight...Suckers,I mean Truckers:)

4. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I don't even have an adversarial relationship with OTR drivers, line haul drivers, or local drivers. We all have our place in the industry, and we all hopefully do our jobs well. I did over the road for three years, and it is just not for me. Then I did line haul while staying in hotels for five years, and that is also not for me. Now I'm still considered a line haul driver, but I am home everyday, and I live 5 miles from my terminal. It really doesn't get much better than my current situation, for me. Different strokes for different folks.

Dan.S, OPUS 7 and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    In a sense you are correct. I do consider my job as being more aligned with factory work than a “real” trucker. But don’t make a mistake of questioning my driving skills, hand. Just because I drive 55 in the open highway doesn’t mean I can’t blind side into an alley dock with just one pull up in less time it takes you to waddle to the back of your trailer to open the doors.
    With that being said, I did two years OTR and hated every minute of it. That’s why I respect you guys who do it.

OPUS 7, mjd4277, KillingTime and 2 others Thank this.
  6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I've done both..local work you definitely earn your $$$ especially if you do it in a major city...

OPUS 7, Dave_in_AZ and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Well, I'm glad you got us all straightened out, I would hate to go through this life being confused as to my job name and details.

Dan.S, ladr, OPUS 7 and 1 other person Thank this.
  8. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    This is true.
    But technically it's not backing "blind side" when you're in a day cab with a giant rear window.

diesel drinker Thanks this.
  9. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I don’t care about who drives what. I can tell you this, however.

The first thing I do when I get home after being out a while is get my wife’s panties off! It’s something I really look forward to!

Because, they start cutting into my side after awhile!

*RIM SHOT*

king v, 91B20H8, OPUS 7 and 9 others Thank this.
  10. diesel drinker

diesel drinker Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Oh no,I don't question your driving skills.I am pretty sure average local does indeed back up faster than average OTR driver but that's simply because you guys do it more often. Some time ago I was delivering to a pretty tight place.2 doors,a daycab parked in one of them.
    Had to set up 3 times before I made it.Went inside.Warehause guy (he was watching me backing up) told me "You are a good driver" I am like "Oh yeah?"He said " Yes,some drivers need much more time to back up here but our driver does it in 2 minutes" I said "Well,thanks". Gave him BOL and went outside ,looked at both trucks and that single axle daycab with 48 ft trailer looked like Tonka truck compared to my 780.
    Called that guy outside, asked him " Can you see the difference between these 2 truck? But give me a week here and I will back MY truck here in 2 minutes too".

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Concrete.
    LOL.
    Even doing local ltl or truck load deliveries. I did it for 3 years in a mixer, 2 local truck load, and one of those was a full sleeper cab.
    Much harder than OTR. Only perk is you get to go home.
    Now that's running around Phoenix, where the tardation is off the chart. By the end of the day you're fried. 20 times as many opportunities to get in an accident. Each day.

drvrtech77, Lonesome and nightgunner Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.