Big Problem With Load Right Now

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Gold_Miner, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    This is totally true. I was just talking to tje higher-ups about this a week ago. The paid miles are calculated on the Rand McNally HHG routes and the fuel stops are figured on a totally different system based on practical routes so the stops tend to add aprox 60 unpaid miles to the trip. Until the problem is fixed I'll be using my own judgment on the fuel stops.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gold_Miner

Gold_Miner Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Burnet, TX
    I did hit a scale and got a ticket. I followed USA Trucks instructions to the letter. I followed their route. I picked up their 40,000 lb. load that was actually 56,000 lbs. I followed the instructions of their night time dispatcher.

I got a ticket. I wish I was as awesome as the super truckers on here that never had a problem after 6 years on the job, but I am not. I am just a dumb #####$ truck driver trying to do the best I can. Thanks for the ones that actually gave me good advice...

4. landstar8891

landstar8891 Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    No it's Not part of trucking.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ''part'' of the Mega Corps,manipulating,conning and brain washing drivers into being obiediant sheep to serve there BOTTOM LINE...Once drivers ''crack the code'' and grow a set of balls,you are not wanted anymore.

This is why many of us old timers are pissed..We are out gunned by so many ''newer'' drivers coming into trucking,driving the rates DOWN further than they were in the 80's....

This is/was the plan and the RICH GREEDY CORPORATE PIGS pulled it off....

Gold_Miner, pattyj and Hammer166 Thank this.
  5. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    You need to ''frame'' this ticket and hang it on the wall..It will be the first of MANY MANY tickets if you plan on staying for 40 years....

I am glad you got out there and lived a little....Now go FAX that ticket to USA Truck..And get down the road and make some money...

pattyj Thanks this.
  6. DGStrong71

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    What kind of advice did you expect to get? This is basic stuff. It's not legal to haul an overweight load regardless of what a dispatcher tells you. Don't let ignorant people decide your faith. I'm sure you are a reasonably intelligent adult.

Thomas0810 and J_FROG Thank this.
  7. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Look whos talking here...You yourself run ''illegal'' everyday on some level..Not one driver here runs 100000% compliant....Even the E-LOGGERS,lie,cheat and steal time.....

Now i can wait for your comments and you can TRY to convince everyone you are 1000000% Legal at all times.....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....:biggrin_25522:

The Challenger and pattyj Thank this.
  8. DGStrong71

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    Im not always a saint but what I would have done was parked the truck untik USA got me an overweight permit.

9. landstar8891

Feb 4, 2012
    NY NY
    Better yet...USA TRUCK would have to pay weekend ''layover'' pay too....and future tickets if they wanted him to run it...

10. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Can't get an overweight permit on a load that can be corrected. Tried that with a load before. So that load was left at the yard until they hired somone to rework it.

This driver never should have tried running that load. Should have gone OOR to the closest scale for anything over 36k if you are not 100% sure you are legal.

Don't pay attention to the folks here that say bypass the scale houses. They aren't the ones that are going to pay your ticket. You are. Bottom line is you are responsible for all the decisions you make. You could have sat on the load and collected weekend pay or layover.

11. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    The trailer axles aren't rated for 40k lbs you don't overload equipment not rated for the weight then get an overweight permit. Ridiculous idea. I sure don't miss being in a bare bones company truck as others have said one simple suspension gauge would have had them reworking the load before op left. That gauge has saved me a bunch and I also never "go to truck stop and scale it" they either load it to my satisfaction at the shipper or they cut it off my truck and get another one.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.