Blew my stack...

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by hindsy, Jan 13, 2018.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    @Pedigreed Bulldog

You got more guts than me dumping when the truck isn’t level with a frameless. Heck, I got nervous when a 22 foot frameless I was dumping starting leaning on packed gravel. Then again you got a lot more experience than me with it.

4mer trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Anybody that doesn't dump straight up in the air. Has balls and guts. :)

The exhaust only has to extend beyond the body.

The 2 trucks i drove with weed burners. Ended just past the body.

shogun Thanks this.
  4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    The trailer went straight up. The gravel path they had built up to get us to the pit we were supposed to dump in was a little narrow with a bend just before the pit...and the edge was crumbling under my steer tire, so it LOOKS more dramatic than it was. You can see the mess made by the truck that had dumped right before me...he'd got stuck, had to be pulled out, then gave up & dumped his load of lime kiln dust short of the pit...and that stuff flows almost like water when it gets a little air mixed it. 45 minutes to clean up and 1/2 the load unrecoverable. I hit the pit with mine...always do.

Interesting side note, that pic was actually in a calendar, used by a Mack dealer on the east coast. Who says only "pretty" trucks get to be in calendars?

shogun, hindsy and Oxbow Thank this.
  5. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    You learn fast to be level headed when dumping, could be why the driver was out taking the picture, setting up the you tube information bit for the day.

6. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Pic was taken long before I had a smart phone, or even a phone that took halfway decent pics. Nope...that one was an old 5MP digital camera. Got out to make sure nothing stuck in the bed before I pulled away...slam the gate a few times...and thought it looked pretty cool like that, so grabbed the camera and snapped a pic or two. Pic really does make it look more dramatic than it was...just another day on the job.

hindsy and Oxbow Thank this.
  7. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    That was on a T2000.

New owner has converted it to twin stacks up the back - looks pretty cool now.

Anybody converting a 379 to weed burners better have a REALLY good excuse.

Chinatown and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  8. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    The hot exhaust can damage the paint on the sleeper if left stack less for too long.

hindsy Thanks this.
  9. LWT104

LWT104 Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Around the corner
    Run through the scales and see what happens

hindsy Thanks this.
  10. hindsy

hindsy Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2010
    USA
    Haha the true test indeed. I’ll let you know the first one I get to go through.

If I ever get rolling. Went to leave the truck stop yesterday made it less than 5 miles. Truck giving me boost pressure and exhaust gas faults. Degenerating and I took 20 minutes for that stinking 5 miles. Anyone know what can fix this? Pete dealer busy till Thursday. Long freaking wait. Ugh!!!!!

Speaking of scales I was hauling a genie man lift the other day. The sides open up. They were latched and I even tugged on em when I secured the thing. Anyhow I was rolling through Chicago vacinity on 80 eastbound and I’ll be darned if the rough crappy roads didn’t bounce the wings open. This now places the load over dimensional. Roll right thru the scales never even stopped me. I stopped in the ramp and secured them as I knew not to risk a second look.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.