breakdown at arnold

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by clumben, Feb 8, 2013.

1. clumben

clumben Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2011
    North Dinwiddie, virginia
    Have other had problems with the breakdown at arnold when the trailer tires need to be replaced over the road???

I picked up a trailer with really bad tires and after 9 to 10 hours of waiting at the shop they said no because it cost tomuch to replace tires OTR and that i had to get to a terminal to get new tires.

I would like to hear if other drivers have had problens with breakdown after they split the BD away from USX..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. milkman83

milkman83 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Syracuse, NY
    Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I'll offer a comment on your problem: If any of the tires in question aren't legal to run on, don't move until they're replaced. If you just don't like the way they look, get to a terminal and get them taken care of. Remember, you, the driver, are responsible for the safety of your equipment. If it's not safe, stay put until it is, and once you make that decision, stick to your guns.

lv gn Thanks this.
  4. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    They've fixed anything I needed without question at a shop or roadside.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

5. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    I doubt the Arnold breakdown will last long. If your on hold more than 5 minutes it automatically transfers you to USX breakdown

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

6. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If you are inspected and the tires are below the minimum, 2/32nd's for the trailer tires you will be OOS till they are replaced. Remember any equipment defects now go against the driver on CSA points. Get too many CSA points and your CDL is affected.

7. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    I had a flat super single in upstate NY back in early February. I called Arnold breakdown and within 45 minutes a service truck drove up and started fixing it. Within 90 minutes total I was rolling. But I was loaded. Maybe that matters. It sounds to me that you weren't under a load and they took the cheaper route. That makes good business sense IMO even if it is a PITA for the driver.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.