Broker Scams

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Gospelking, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Gospelking

Gospelking Bobtail Member

Nov 7, 2023
    US Cargo Brokers Inc stole $100 from my rate confirmation. They withheld $100 from the total RC. Because they said I didn’t track the entire load. However I sent them a screenshot from MacroPoint showing that I did track the entire load. They responded by saying DRIVER DID NOT TRACK THE ENTIRE LOAD. Without providing proof. Like I provided proof of tracking.

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
  4. joshjosh

joshjosh Bobtail Member

May 24, 2017
    Speak to a manager, if that doesn't get you resolution file on the bond.

Lite bug, TheLoadOut and nikmirbre Thank this.
  5. Kenworth6969

Kenworth6969 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2020
    On macopoint you can click on "view location history" it will show timestamp location updates throughout the trip, even a previous trip.

If you show all the location updates throughout the trip that should be enough evidence.

6. Thouren

Thouren Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Detroit, MI
    Lots of carriers I work with accept macropoint and check in/out with it WITHOUT providing automatic location updates or turning location services off on their phone. Our RC states we will deduct $100 for that too, though rarely enforced.

Post screenshot(s) of location history here for that load from macropoint or I'll just assume you did the same.

7. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    Whenever I see an issue with the app not tracking, I email them immediately to avoid these shenanigans. Only Micky Mouse brokers pull this crap. Not even TQL or J.B. Hunt has tried this whenever the app acts up. Sometimes the tech just doesn't work.

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  8. mwonch

mwonch Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Well, this is kinda hard to do in places where there is no signal. There are places like that, ya know. LOL In those areas, tracking is not possible and sending emails outta the question. I am aware of data caching to properly update once signal is re-established, but that doesn't always work well if at all.

gekko1323 and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  9. gekko1323

gekko1323 Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Henderson, NV
    I understand. But I send the emails precisely because some areas are wonky with cell signals. I just like to create paper trails. I ALWAYS cc myself also (in EVERY correspondence), in case they try the old, "We didn't receive your email" tactic.

10. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.

Lol how bout the times you respond to an overdue invoice on the email chain in which your invoice is attached and they say they didnt get it

11. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    This is definitely my favorite one.
    Just place a bond claim last week for one like this.

NightWind and Lite bug Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.