Bye Bye Millis Transfer

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by loose_leafs, Aug 26, 2019.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    And with change there is always a winner and a loser so always be prepared to be on either side of it. The farrier lost a lost of business when the industry changed from delivering in horse and buggy to trucks and he was probably saying these new fangled truck will never change anything for him.......

Last Time Around and bzinger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Tell that to the folks at Interstate..;)

bzinger and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  4. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Without going back and reading every post over again I'm not sure anyone from Millis said or thinks nothing is going to change. They have said nothing has changed yet. They have said we have been told nothing is going to change. One guy did get irritated by someone who has never worked here and who was talking about things he knows little to nothing about and spoke his peace on that.

I firmly believe that in a few years Millis will be but a memory. Most if not everyone that I have talked with believe the same thing and are just holding out until the inevitable changes start to occur. From what I have read about Heartland and based on my experience with Millis they are likely to be mostly negative. So far only 1 visible change is in the works which is changing our 401k administrator. I'm sure that is the first of many and usually how it happens.

Some here are retired from other professions or the miltary and have used trucking as a second career. I fall into that category. Others have years of experience elsewhere and came here to stay because of the culture among other things. I left for a local job over 2 years ago and came back a few months ago. Just because Millis is a "starter" company does not mean that everyone is naive or blind.

I personally dont give a rat's ^(/& if I work at a "starter" company. I've found that most who worry about those types of things have insecurities.

5. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    Change is inevitable, and that applies whether a company is merged or not. It wasn’t that long ago, I was reading about how automatic transmissions would never be the norm.

Last Time Around and mjd4277 Thank this.
  6. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    . 72 KW 36” crawl thru sleeper 2 sticks 1st hood I ever drove. I kinda miss that truck.

bzinger and IH Truck Guy Thank this.
  7. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    This is good to hear.
    Don't need anything messing with my beer deliveries..:D:D:D

JOHNQPUBLIC, bzinger and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I like looking at those trucks dale and that's what the aths is for .
    I've no desire to drive them again ....hell I got into a really nice astro at the aths show in des Moines a couple years could barely get my fat arse in it lol.

Dale thompson and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Often times, I have found when one door closes, another one opens.... maybe they moved on to better things???

FlaSwampRat and bzinger Thank this.
  10. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    I can recall when everyone thought cabovers where the future of trucking... thankfully that was a wrong call.:blob:

FlaSwampRat and bzinger Thank this.
  11. Packerbacker1960

Packerbacker1960 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2019
    Hey JohnQ. The 401k administrator did not change. It remains Wipfli with Baird as the advisor just as in the past. The only change is a legal change due to the merge. Following governmental regulations. As for the 401k.....like everything else. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Thanks and Drive Safe. Dave

JOHNQPUBLIC and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.