Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Well I left the house at 6am this morning, was empty at 8am and back home at 9am. I have my reload for tomorrow in Ocala going to North Augusta SC for 5am Thursday. Then I deadhead to Greenville SC for a drop and hook going to Mountaintop Pa for Friday at noon. That's it for now. I'll enjoy my last day home with the wife then head out tomorrow at 9am.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    It's a big lifestyle adjustment up here but after a month now I'm starting to fit in pretty well. Moving up here took a lot of our financial burdon off of our shoulders so I was hoping to find something a little more regular in the way of a job, but I'm working as much if not more with the new job as I was at Pritchett. The thing about this place is the people are really good to work for, so as much as I don't really care for the long hours it's hard to get too frustrated when you work for good people.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  4. jrotra

jrotra Light Load Member

May 27, 2010
    Inverness , Florida
    Hey TT , so you made the move to Wash. Pa. I have a lot of family in that town . My mother graduated from Trinity h.s. in Washington . Give me a call sometime. Good luck and be safe John

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  5. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Yep, we're here. Trinity is just down the road from where I'm living. I was ready to leave the first few weeks I was here but things are falling in to place as the days go by. Winter........that's a different story.

6. mtnman2569

mtnman2569 Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Brighton,CO
    Thanks, I thought you mainly ran the east but wasn't positive, so thought I'd ask. Thanks

7. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    :biggrin_2559:

Welcome to PA Trashtrucker!

8. Cyanide

Cyanide Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    John, looks like we'll be a couple hrs apart over the next few days. I'm loading tonight out of the house going to Columbia tomorrow, then bounce over to Greenville for a Friday Mountaintop load as well. I'll be looking for ya!

9. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Cool. I'll be at the yard around noon. See you Friday.

10. Couger

Couger Light Load Member

May 24, 2011
    A New York Times saga...

Loaded in lancaster about 1 in the afternoon, Got to dayton daily news about 10 pm. Unloaded by 8:30 am when around to shipping to check in. Guy said there were 3 loads ahead of mine, took my # to call when a door was open. He called at 5:30ish and said the big boss had changed the loading orders. Ann Arbor (Our 226) and Columbus (me) were next. Arrived to find no openings. Into dock @ 6:30ish pm, still in dock as of 11:30 am. On the plus side they pay 10/ hr det and I had just finished a 10 hr break. 27 hrs @ 10 per will help salvage my pay but poor Jason had to cancel my next load.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  11. the bambino

the bambino Bobtail Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Pottsville PA
    hey john boy i got a road test tomorrow at 9:30 hopefully i'll be part of the family soon. how fast do them trucks run? i've been told 68

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.