Calex Express....My New Home!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by JohnBoy, Aug 9, 2009.

1. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    I'm sitting in Orlando getting empty. My reload info was sitting on my computer in the truck when I got ready to leave the house last night. I reload in Lakeland at 10am going to Providence RI for noon Friday.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm starting to think I'm a bad luck magnet as this trip did not get started on a good note. I get to the terminal at about 2:30 this morning and fire the truck up. At least she started considering she wasn't plugged in and it was 5 degrees out. Anyway, I turn on the lights and of course the left headlight is burned out. No one at the shop at that ungodly hour so I head down the road and stop at the Pilot in Conyngham. They don't have the right bulb so it's back in the truck and off to the Buckhorn T/A. They have them so I change the bulb and off I go.

I get to McElhattan, get my paperwork and find my trailer. I hook up, pull it out of the slot and do a pre-trip. All is well, but I want to check the hubs for oil, and since they are so cruddy I try to take the cap off to look inside. Well, since it's so blasted cold out, the plastic sight breaks and I'm sitting there with the cap and part of the plastic in my hand. Not good. A few phone calls and two hours later I'm finally rolling.

The rest of the day went fairly well, and I made it to my stop for the night, but I did end up using 13 hours and 58 minutes of my 14 to get it done. I made it to my planned stop, but that WAS cutting it a BIT closer than I'd have liked. Whew! I hope tomorrow is a better day.

4. MotorinMomma

MotorinMomma Light Load Member

May 5, 2010
    Clinton, IA
    Doex Calex have rider/pet policies? Do they hire out of Texas?

5. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    They allow riders immediately with no cost to the driver. They did away with the pet policy for us because of a select few that allowed their pets to literally destroy the inside of their truck. The only drivers with pets are grandfathered in. And finally, no they do not hire out of Texas. You have to live in Fl, Ga, Sc, Pa, Ny or Ca. Those are our freight lanes so it makes it real easy for the drivers to get home.

6. rhino514

rhino514 Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    well never got to go play in the snow..... truck ended up in the shop... long story if we ever get in at the same time i will explain....

7. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Maybe next week, I'm on my way home. Who's truck burnt up on 87 in NY yesterday?

8. Couger

Couger Light Load Member

May 24, 2011
    1 of ours? Hope everybody got out okay.

9. rhino514

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    no idea who's truck it was .. have a safe trip

10. rhino514

Aug 21, 2008
    Hop Bottom , Pa.
    good thing you asked them to put your truck on the plug in list !!

11. JohnBoy

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    From what I heard the first responders got there in time to pick up the driver as he was walking down the shoulder wearing only his underwear.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.