Can't Recommend Millis Transfer Anymore

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Nashville, Mar 10, 2023.

1. Nashville

Nashville Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2022

And to be honest when I heard he was my dispatcher I was ecstatic. After more and more drivers spoke to their recent interactions with him, it quickly became apparent I wasn't the only one that felt the uneasiness and lack of communication while trying to be a standout rookie.

Regardless seems we both got what we wanted in the end. Them with the cheap and unpaid labor and I got my CDL and experience to move on the bigger and better things.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nashville

Mar 8, 2022

Seemed like the same "attitude" that was the result of many of conversations from dispatch, logs, and safety on a weekly occurrence. Tried to clear the air on many occurrences with any and all of them. Again the responses I received were "okay" or no response. Tried my due diligence to change the culture between who I interacted with on the daily and better it. It was never something they seemed interested in.

Suspect Zero, slim shady and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    But wait......
    We believe the current culture that was started by our father, Bill Millis, 35 years ago and still exists today, will complement Heartland.
    Heartland Express Acquires Millis Transfer, Inc. and (globenewswire.com)

Sure, man. Sure.
    Take the money and run.

JoeyJunk, MACK E-6, drvrtech77 and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I don't know how easy to talk with office personnel in person at Millis, but, were you able to ? As opposed to over the phone ?

Suspect Zero, mjd4277 and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Dude, back in the day, you could have walked into the president's office in BRF and nobody would have said anything

7. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    I agree.....was just thinking if OP was able to talk face to face over his concerns instead of over the phone.

Suspect Zero Thanks this.
  8. Nashville

Mar 8, 2022
    Over the phone, over the Qualcomm, in person.

9. teams567

teams567 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2022
    Another WI company that limits pay- office people have it in their heads that no driver should make more than them.

Drivers are trash laborers, office people are important. So, a payroll clerk or dispatcher earning let's say 45k will limit all drivers to less than that. All WI companies are like that.

To the OP: did they ever try to put you in a lease? Were you in one? Are they a company that pushes leases.

Most companies want you in a lease or training, another term for teaming. Team or lease. Solo company drivers can walk. Walk or earn 35k.

That's the Wisconsin mentality.

10. Nashville

Mar 8, 2022

They only run solo company drivers .

After doing the math my time there after going solo my average pay GROSS would be $887/weel or 46k annually.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
    Old_n_gray, Suspect Zero and Opus Thank this.
  11. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    What a really ignorant thing to say.

Lonesome, Suspect Zero and trucknguy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.