Cant wait to get back at them....

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by MercuryLine, Apr 23, 2020.

1. MercuryLine

MercuryLine Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    At some point, there will come a time when there will be a huge shortage of trucks and drivers because of the disaster that is happening right now. Brokers are low balling, truckers are parking and going home to wait this out, people are getting laid off with no own authority to operate. At some point, this will turn around to our benefit. At that point, we should charge marked up rates + bonuses for dealing with these crappy rates. :D

I cant believe these rates. Less than a dollar per mile on 60% of the loads!

Jarhed1964 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    The fact that certain Brokers are taking advantage of this situation should be investigated for predatory gouging during this crisis.

Don't think it will ever happen but they are definitely taking advantage of a Crisis.

4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    The reality is Brokers can't do anything that drivers don't let them. If the rates are so low that a driver out there can't make a profit, or even "break even." Then the load would go unclaimed. It's called negotiation.

jinxutoo, alds, tallmon and 5 others Thank this.
  5. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Absolutely 100%!

alds, jamespmack, roshea and 2 others Thank this.
  6. dieselViking

dieselViking Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2016
    Massachusetts
    It always gets at me when people say brokers are price gouging, etc. I'm not a broker. It's a free market system. A broker has every right to charge whatever they want to get a load moved.

Now here is the best part of a free market system. Nobody is holding a gun to your head saying you have to pull for those rates. Negotiate with the broker or tell them to pound sand.

Enough loads don't get moved at the cheap price, they will have to increase the price.

Stop getting mad at the brokers for doing their jobs. Their job is to move it as cheap as they can.

Get mad at all the transportation companies who are willing to haul it at those low rates. It's the truck companies driving the rates down not the brokers.

jinxutoo, alds, 91B20H8 and 7 others Thank this.
  7. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    But they are taking advantage of the crisis by offering far less rates than what was market value before the crisis.

No different than a roll of paper towels being sold for $10 during the crisis instead of a buck.

Yes you don't have to buy them and no you don't need to take that load for a buck a mile .

I'm all for a free market but I think it does qualify as Gouging.

8. MercuryLine

Oct 4, 2019
    Southern California
    Free market is wonderful. I cant wait to turn this free market bull**** back on them and use it to my advantage.

alds and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  9. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    I won't work for nothing.Ill sit at home and live off the ole lady's $60.000 a year.

x1Heavy, rachi and tommymonza Thank this.
  10. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    So by the logic of the brokers are taking advantage of the low demand for drivers and are "gouging." That means when there is high demand for drivers, and loads are at high rates. That the drivers are also "gouging."

This is like the people saying we need a minimum wage of $15.00 an hour. Fact is minimum wage was meant to keep kids and others from being taken advantage of by companies. If you've got a skill and don't like the pay you can move to a different employer who will pay you more.

Just as brokers know if they offer rates on loads that drivers can't at least break even. They won't be taken. Yes they'll be reaping a better profit at this time. But guess what, when shyte opens back up and the shoe is on the other foot. They'll be making less and the driver will be making the better profit.

11. tommymonza

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    If the Shoe was on the other foot and the owners were demanding double the rate during this crisis would that qualify as gouging?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.