Carrier 2100A defrosts too often

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Futog, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Futog

Futog Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2019
    Hi everyone!I bought used 2009 utility trailer
    With Carrier 2100a.I got problem that it doing defrosting very often.After that working hard to reach temperature.Once when temperature is reached it does defrosting again.It is checked twice by mechanics.one of them is from carrier.Both of them told me that there are nothing bad with it.All informations are good.However my reefer working hard and burning a lot of fuel.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    What was the outside temperature at the time? And what temp are you trying to cool it down to?

magoo68 Thanks this.
  4. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I have a thermo king. It’s programmed to defrost every six hours. I would guess carrier has a similar function.

5. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    This is normal for summer time. Reefer unit has sensor for air flow. If flow restricted it starts defrosting cycle.
    Shipper want us pre cool then cold trailer got wet from air humid. Some products evaporate water such as fresh produce or potato.
    Unless you have trailer with holes or saturated with water. Did you check trailer roof? No cracks or holes? How is door seal looks like?

6. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Enter advanced user mode on keypad and change the defrost default Time range.... At least check it someone might have set it very frequent.

I usually run mine 3 hours on produce and 6 or 12 hours on normal Freight.

.... The other likely culprit could be you need to have the evaporator washed out... it could be clogged causing the pressure delta sensor to trigger defrost.

Side note, your evaporator should be backwashed every 6 months or less for peak performance.

7. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.