Carrier Ultra Xtc problem

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by ashot1989, Jun 19, 2015.

1. ashot1989

ashot1989 Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi everybody my reefer start shutting off bringing alarm codes A28 about refrigeration system
    Then i clear alarm list its start after couple minutes its bringing
    A53 and A30
    One is saying temp box out of range another one says failure run time
    Anyone knows what is issues please tell me
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    A28 Check Refrigeration System
    A30 Failed to Run Minimum Time

A53 Box Temp out of Range

Ignore A53, there is something wrong with the Unit so that one will keep showing up.

4. ashot1989

ashot1989 Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    do you know from what causing that problems?

5. DSJETT

DSJETT Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2013
    DOWNLOAD THE CARRIER SERVICE MANUAL....IT COULD BE MANY THINGS...BUT THE MANUAL WILL HELP YOU NARROW IT DOWN.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  6. Flyer

Flyer Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Low freon most likely, compressor going bad, plugged condenser

Lbguzman11 Thanks this.
  7. DSJETT

DSJETT Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2013
    Did you get your problem resolved.

8. DSJETT

DSJETT Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2013
    This
    Is also a discharge and or suction problem...also make sure you have no obstruction like shrink wrap trapped up in the air return....... From my experience its best to get it looked at by Carrier. ...there's no feeling lower than tinkering with it yourself and thinking you got it fixed only to have ot shutdown with your next load on the trailer.

9. 98 star car

98 star car Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Avon, Indiana
    Anyone have a clue on code a35? While in start/stop mode, the unit will not start as of recently. I'm thinking it's the starter. I can hear the starter trying to engage the solenoid and sometimes it just clicks or cranks very weakly for a second or two. After 2 attempts the unit will throw the code. Is this just an 11 year old starter going bad? No other issues from pre trip. A new more powerful starter is available as a factory upgrade. Any suggestions would be great.

10. Flyer

Flyer Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2008
    Starter circuit 35a code

11. DSJETT

DSJETT Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2013
    [QUOT="98 star car, post: 4699321, member: 167939"]Anyone have a clue on code a35? While in start/stop mode, the unit will not start as of recently. I'm thinking it's the starter. I can hear the starter trying to engage the solenoid and sometimes it just clicks or cranks very weakly for a second or two. After 2 attempts the unit will throw the code. Is this just an 11 year old starter going bad? No other issues from pre trip. A new more powerful starter is available as a factory upgrade. Any suggestions would be great.[/QUOTE]
    Make sure your battery connections are tight....disconnect the oil pressure sensor and see if it cranks...if it does crank, immediately plug the sensor back in because the ecu will be looking for that closed circuit. ...at least you will know if that sensor is bad....try it and let me know.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.