Carrying While Trucking

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by farmerjohn64, Sep 22, 2019.

1. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    No other constitutional right ends at state lines. For many the truck is their primary home. A hotel room is a temporary residence and you can legally have a loaded firearm with you, this should be extended to vehicles with a sleeping area.

x1Heavy and HighCountry Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    Well tell Congress, I thought this was on the agenda

4. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Never was a fan of the chargers, they had a lot of issues. At least the ones we had did. The funnest cars we had were the Vic's and one '09 explorer with the 4.6 V8. That thing screamed lol fast little SUV and it was durable as ever

smokey12 Thanks this.
  5. Snow Hater

Snow Hater Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2019
    There are 3 internal safeties on a Glock that prevent accidental discharge when dropped and they work. You can see the ridiculous tests they put the guns through on You Tube. The stock trigger has around a 5 to 6 lb trigger pull. Not a hair trigger. This is one of the safest handguns on the market.

When I carry its appendix carry hot. Been doing this for years.

6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    When the new chargers came out they made the radiators too small which caused them to overheat. The years afterward they got better but my favorite were still the 2000'smodel crown vics, they always fit like and old shoe

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    I dont blame you for.carrying hot, that's always the best way to go. I do with my others but not the Glock. Compared to others the the Glock has a lot more sensitive trigger. I lost a friend because of it and maybe that's why I feel that way, to each his own I guess.

Snow Hater Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

You should see the radiator that came with my old 71 Ford. A little one core job for 1/4 on a car that isnt made for the 1/4 with that C4 trans behind the 351.

I tossed that. Found a sweet radiator shop in town and they bolted in a big 3 core with additional reserve capacity. #### thing took the whole front of the engine bay ahead of the engine fan etc. It only overheated once on me, in Maryland of all places when it was 95 and 90 humidty. I fished water out of the stream and filled it enough to get home. I usually carried two gallons mixed but that was gone on that day trip already. Hot hot hot.

smokey12 Thanks this.
  9. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Bet your Glock doesnt have a hair trigger or sensative trigger or maybe you dont even own a Glock. While Im not a Glock guy, they are designed to be pretty much dumb proof.

My favorite pistol has a 3.5lbs trigger pull. Its a Colt Gold Cup National Match, that my dad had work done to probably 40yrs ago. Glocks have almost double that for trigger pull unless thr trigger has been lightened.

Monkey in a truck Thanks this.
  10. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I carried early on. I stopped a long time ago. I'm retired now when I was active I kept a hunting knife close by AND a "thumper" right behind my seat. If I came out of that truck angry you can bet I'm swinging that "thumper". My last few years "in a wheelchair now" I walked I had a sidearm and a WASP knife. I yanked either one I am taking a bad guy out!

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Did you buy the Glock new or used?

A lot of guys change trigger groups because they don’t like combat triggers, notably on the VZ-58 rifle clones. Mine has probably a 12 lb trigger.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.