Case for Discrimination

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Skyedavina, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    IMHO they did you a favor just wander down to Werner or Sneiderfish go to work for a better company. Just opinion.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I guess Prime Heavy Haul didn't pan out for you then? :biggrin_25523:

4. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Not sitting back in the seat? I hardly ever sit back in the seat, I’m normally in the middle..

5. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Try a nice, small, easy going place. People often forget about the little operations, and it makes no sense to do so. The small place with only 6, or maybe 26 trucks, maybe your God send. Any place that would allow a so called trainer, to have such a position, when said person lacks the self control to not scream at the person they are training, did you a favor by saying don't work there. I have trained many people in my 30 plus years driving, never once did I scream at any of them. That isn't a trainer, mentor, whatever you want to call them. It is in fact an immature, raging, lunatic, who should not go near a truck, much less drive it.

Coffey, FlaSwampRat and magoo68 Thank this.
  6. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I would call swift and find out if you are still an employee or what's going on. I once pickup a student at truck stop because some thing happens with him as his trainer. Don't know what the deal was but gave him ride back to company terminal. I see two thing, if your still employee or student. Then have them pick you up and get back to driving.

If your don't have a job with them anymore and you have a valid CDL then look for another job. If you did free training with swift I would think you still have a job. Because they have interest in you working for them. If not I would make sure they released you from any contract for free training.

FoolsErrand, Gambosa, COBB2070 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Gambosa

Gambosa Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    When I was at Wilson’s training we were told contact with any curb during our driving test would result in an auto fail. Basically this is because curb contact is hard on tires. I’m a bit confused though? You passed your written upgrade, but he said you need more training? All the things you listed doing wrong are not part of any written upgrade??? @Skyedavina It seems to me that you failed your driving test? Am I interpreting it wrong? Or you passed your written upgrade and failed a driving upgrade?

8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    While I can't really answer your question regarding discrimination, SWIFT definitely broke the rules by sharing your personal medical information with other employees. There is a federal law known as HIPPA which stands for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. For the most part the law only applies to health providers, but there have been cases where an employer has been sued for sharing an employees private medical information to unauthorized people and without authorization from the employee. I would suggest finding another job for now and possibly discussing the HIPAA angle with an attorney in the near future, and document everything you can remember NOW and keep the video as evidence. Suing a company as big as SWIFT for doing something that stupid may pay off big time in the long run.

Good luck.

9. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    I'm so sorry to hear about the way these Swift driver mentors / trainers have treated you although to be absolutely fair we'd also need to hear their side of the story too. With the law be it discrimination or anything else "its not what you know its what you can prove" that matters in court you could go see a lawyer that specializes in that field however based on what I've read I can't see how you were discriminated against being corrected by a trainer in not discrimination, to discriminate basically means your being treated differently because of your race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, your gender, age, etc etc while being yelled at is very unprofessional by the trainer it is not discrimination however Swift should seriously consider who they hire to train people.

Gambosa Thanks this.
  10. Gambosa

Gambosa Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I know from experience that some people say others are yelling at them when they are only talking to them in a serious tone of voice and are not raising their voice at all. I would have posted the video I took as proof of what happened. As it stands we only have her side of what happened.

p608 Thanks this.
  11. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    And the flip side of that is, often when people are yelling, and someone else points out to them they are yelling, they deny it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.