CBD Products Contain THC

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by tscottme, Jun 26, 2022.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    CBD is supposed to contain less than 0.3% THC. But there is no oversight, no required testing of the products by the feds or anyone. There have been many instances of truckers getting a random and failing because of their use if these products, leaving them having to complete a SAP program.
    In 2021, The FMCSA issued a warning about the use of CBD products by truckers.
    DOT "CBD" Notice | US Department of Transportation

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    There are certain manufacturers that certify their products as 100% THC-free (0.0%, not the allowed 0.3%). I have used those in the past, and I would only ever consider those.

And yes, they actually cost more than the regular products.

4. a.paul

a.paul Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2021
    do they work as well, can you tell?

5. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    As well as what? I have been a CDL holder for decades, so I haven't used anything that does contain THC.

6. Riotside

Riotside Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2022
    CBD is also much more potent than THC. I've got a long 120+ day wait ahead of me before i can start still. (hair isnt clean until 90 days after urine is)
    I smoked CBD delta 8 vape pens every day for over a year, i'm 5'7 and 155 pounds. I stopped smoking over a month ago, took a urinalysis at home and tested positive for THC

This wasnt the case when i smoked regular marijuana a few years ago, i used to be able to drink a ton of water and sweat it out of my system in under 2 weeks. If you've smoked Delta 8, or CBD in any form in the last 3-4 months, it's still with you.

Also, the Delta 8 i smoked regularly claimed to have 0% THC, but theres somthing about it that breaks down into proteins shared with THC. It might be a milder high and only last a fraction of the time, but it's far more potent and lingers in the body for ages.

Dino soar and a.paul Thank this.
  7. DRTDEVL

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    That's funny that they made that claim, because Delta-8 is short for "Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol."

My wife used to work at a CBD shop. I learned a lot about it through her and the literature she would bring home.

Northern Nomad Thanks this.
  8. Riotside

Riotside Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2022
    Hey it works, people like me, dumb enough to ingest things we know absolutely nothing about, 100% assume it's a legal and safe alternative.
    They know we're not bright enough to understand it so they claim 0% THC and we buy it up lol.

9. Northern Nomad

Northern Nomad Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    The frozen north
    It’s weird how it affects everyone differently. I’ve used it for years, and have taken multiple drug tests and never had an issue. I always buy the same brand, that is 3rd party tested, and I don’t use it every day, either. I test myself regularly, and also have had a dozen or so randoms, and have never had a problem.

a.paul Thanks this.
  10. Riotside

Riotside Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2022
    Guess it depends on the manufacturer and their level of honesty with the product. But then again, i was an every day user. Multiple rips each day, stoned from Delta 8 from morning til night, going through a 3gram vape of it in 2 weeks, very concentrated i guess lol.

11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

If you can't trust the people selling snake oil, who can you trust?

2Tap Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.