Central refrigerated purchased by swift???

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Theramsey3, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Theramsey3

Theramsey3 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Since I've gone solo with swift I haven't netted (in the bank) less than $500 a week (except weeks I go home) I go out and run my a&& off. I don't turn down loads I may be removed from one because I can't meet the customers requirements and I get plenty of miles between 2500 and 3200 a week. I keep on top of my pta and manage my hours well I usually run on my recap instead of using the 34 hour restart OPTION.

mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Of course you do. Just like that Werner driver making $1200 net/wk, or that l/p guy that is doing just great because his company loves him so much.

You can't turn down loads because you are forced dispatch. You run the miles that they give you. You run when, where, and how Swift tells you to run. You can't ######## a ###########.

mje Thanks this.
  4. Theramsey3

Theramsey3 Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2013
    I can pm you paycheck stubs. I don't need to try to bulls*** you. Perhaps it's just luck thus far? Forced dispatch is laughable if I tell them it will take me too long to do it I get removed from the load... I've had one load I did that to. It was 112 miles and was 3 days I set my eta for 7 days they removed me from the load. So the ones I don't want i don't take. I get taken care of thus far. Perhaps it will change??? Only time will tell. If you want check stubs pm me I'm at home till Monday.

mje Thanks this.
  5. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Yeah not in my buddies case. The trailers that he is constantly picking up are always filled with problems which he makes sure they get fixed for the reason being he does not want to get his CSA score through the roof. Believe me, I spent 4 years in the Marine Corp with this guy, he wants to run and make the most that he can but the most is not much because of what they give him to do. At .26CPM, you cant make much.... Like I said previously, I made % pay at TMC and did very very well. But hey, if your happy and your not one of the people living in a busted #### motor home in Phoenix at the terminal(yes people really do) then good on you. I could not survive off of 5-700 bucks take home a week. To me that is a joke for being gone for a week or 2 or in many cases 4-6 weeks at a time. If that was the case for me I would not go 4 weeks out at a time for less then 1500 take home a week.

mje Thanks this.
  6. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    Offtopic for the reefer forum, but let me ask this.... WHY would he do the extra work tarping, strapping, chaining, etc. for the same pay that the swift door slammers get? I'd go find a rectangle with wheels and enjoy sleeping during that rainstorm instead of playing human-kite with 100 pound tarps and lightning bolts flashing. :)

7. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    He wants to flatbed. Door slamming is boring and there really is not much to know/learn about it. He wants the experience doing from the beginning so he can go somewhere much better in a year. He wants to do OD and RGN/multi axle eventually. Cant do that pulling a box around.

VisionLogistics and mje Thank this.
  8. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    Indeed you cannot. Seems a good reason; probably the best reason, IMO.

mje Thanks this.
  9. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    If you came across a driver willing to do all this for $500 a week, what would you say to the individual driver?

Would you be mad at the driver or would you congratulate him for having the same work ethic as yourself while not being being paid as much as you are being paid?

It could very well be that the truck driver is in a very desperate situation and needed to take on a lower paying job doing the same identical work as you are doing.

Some companies are NOT as generous as yours is.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  10. mattbnr

mattbnr Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    the pay of most companies are pretty much the same. they all say gross 1000 a week. ive looked at many many companies lately and they all pay about the same as a company driver. unless your willing to not a have a life and live in your truck for a month at a time then yeah you can make those 1500 paychecks. but i have a family waiting for me at home and my time with them is way more valuable to me then making a extra 500 a week.

trkdrvrs get screwed over and mje Thank this.
  11. milskired

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    I would ask them why they have not gone to a better company to make more.... I use to work for a beginner company who takes people right out of CDL school. My point was pretty simple. Why work somewhere making 500 a week when you could do the same thing at a different place making 1000(take home avg) a week. I was home every weekend until I took a job on a specialized fleet which was voluntary.

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.