CFI Driver's What's Your 20? (2017 edition)

Discussion in 'CFI' started by Keeker, Jul 26, 2017.

1. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Now there is a blast from the past! I thought you deserted us for facebook or something!
    welcome back!

Cerberus XVI Thanks this.
  2. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    No, although we do have some big stuff coming up. Looking to get into the expediting game. Maybe even LTL. Haven't decided quite yet. Working on getting all our endorsements currently.

RoadRooster and dwells40 Thank this.
  3. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    To everyone here on CFI thread I wish you all a very Happy New Year. Be safe and prosperous in 2020. Congradulations to Road Rooster on your retirement. I retired in 2011 after 44 years and I will be fortunate to celebrate my 40th anniversary with my wife here in Winter Haven, Fl. Talk to you all next year.

4. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Thanks Pop and likewise to you and your bride. Happy New Year!

5. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Be careful with expedite. There could be a lot of sitting and no miles are really bad for a team. With ltl, doing linehaul I presume. Be careful with them. Serious time issues on their loads, combined with light loads and doubles and that explains why you see so many on their sides.

Not trying to talk you out of anything and just sharing why I stayed put for so many years. $2.00 per mile ( just for a random number) is only nice if the miles are there.

At $.50 per mile (probably more with the new program), and consistent miles, and and 50 mph dispatch and I decide if it's safe to drive or not ... hard to beat for my lifestyle.

Obviously, you all have to decide what's best for you. Just don't get suckered...eyes wide open and ask hard questions in the interviews. Why is this job open, why wasn't it filled from within, why are they so many empty trucks on the ready line, who decides when it is unsafe to proceed...

You get my drift. Good luck and Happy New Year.

6. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Doing a 34 in Colby, Kansas. I70 exit 53. Stop by and say hi. Leaving for Aurora Colorado Friday morning.

7. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Haha yeah I get that, lots of variables. The owner were taking to about expediting is signed under FedEx custom critical and has constant freight. Been talking to two h/w teams who are currently with them. You do sit alot but the miles you run are paid more. So we get to sit in a 100" sleeper with all the amenities and enjoy the city were in while waiting for loads so no biggie. Last year the team I talked to grossed 140k. Which is a little more than we broke with CFI.

As for ltl, they are offering dedicated lanes out of Richmond or Portland. $2200 a week per driver with two days off a week. That one is R&L.

I would rather have the money from LTL. But for the wifes stress level expedite is probably better.

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  8. RoadRooster

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    Sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck and keep us posted.

9. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    No iam not iam a OTR DRIVER I TAKE STUDENTS THOUGH ITS NOT FOR EVERYONE BUT I LOVE TO HELP OUT WITH A STUDENT I GET .61 WITH OUT BONUS PAY WITH .65 ROUGHLY PLUS 28 PTO DAYS

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  10. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    Usd hard cold cash.....

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.