CFI wrecked my trailer. They don’t want to pay for it

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by TBlank72, Jul 23, 2021.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    In June I got backed into by a metropolitan truck at a dock in penn doing minor damage .
    Pictures and info were exchanged....about 3 weeks later I received a check for the full estimate.
    To bad more companies can't be like this .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TBlank72

TBlank72 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Texas
    I contacted this law firm. They seem very familiar with all of the issues involved in these cases. I’ll update y’all when I have a resolution on how things turn out.

4. TBlank72

TBlank72 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Texas
    Just wanted to give an update for anyone that may be in this situation in the future. My physical damage claim just got settled in mid December 2021. Basically, this just got me my deductible back after CFI paid my insurance company for the damages. The accident happened on June 19, 2021, so about 6 months.

My attorneys on the downtime claim said this will make things go faster on their part of the claim since CFI has accepted liability for the damages.

I’ll post another update after my downtime claim is settled or after we go to court.

5. TBlank72

TBlank72 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Texas
    On a side note, it ended up taking 85 days to get my trailer out of the shop. The trailer is a Doonan Platinum Lowpro 3-axle step. The rear light panel was the piece that took so long, and we actually had just sent the damaged part over to a local fabricator the same day the new Doonan part finally showed up. Doonan was horrible to deal with throughout the process. They told me several times that parts had shipped out or would ship by the end of the day just to wait weeks for those parts to actually get shipped. I’ll be switching to a Reitnouer or Mac as soon as I use up the depreciation on the Doonan.

I did hook up to a dry van during the downtime, so I was still able to haul freight while the trailer was getting fixed.

6. Lucidiousgibs

Lucidiousgibs Bobtail Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You should definitely sue them. Cfi has an accident every 6 hours according to their Vice President . They deserve to be put out of business. I have no idea how they even make any money. Most dysfunctional and by far the worst company I’ve ever worked for. And I’ve worked for some wretched outfits.

7. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    This the same cfl that closed the doors recently

Oxbow and feldsforever Thank this.
  8. TBlank72

TBlank72 Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2020
    Texas
    No, CFL I believe is Central Freight Lines. CFI (Contract Freighters Inc) is the company that ran into me. I talked to the guy that witnessed my accident a few weeks afterwards and he said he saw another CFI driver hit a parked truck right after he witnessed them hit mine. I guess they aren’t spending a lot of time on training and backing practice with those new drivers.

9. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Swift hit my truck in a Walmart dock.

swift bought my company a month later lol

aaa cooper

Magoo1968 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  10. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    Thanks brother I hope you get a fair share thanks for the update

11. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Subscribe to this thread. Going through something similar with towing company damage.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.