Cheap Sleep Study

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Corporal_Clegg, Oct 26, 2010.

1. braken

braken Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2012
    please send info. thanks. backen at truckers report

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RUFF

RUFF Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2010
    elwood in
    ok i recieved everything with cpap from cpap .com except mask. i ordered what i was comfortable with there. for brother was full face for me nose plug. all masks are a joke anyway mask will last but straps will not. my guess made that way so you will need to keep buying. Straps usually last 6 months.

4. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    All I can say its a #### tax write off scam and another way to get in the drivers pockets and deduct even more money from them.

The issue is not sleep apnea, snoreing or what have you. Its about allowing the driver to stop and sleep when they are tired without being retaliated on by the companies! That is the straight forward truth. What is next....heartburn.

Its like this pure and simple (please feel free to chime in).

You unload and have to sit in a dock, line or whatever for hours in the morning. You cant really get any solid restful sleep because you are either in line, have to pay attention to the CB or whatever reason. 3-5 hours.

After unloading either waiting to get another load...or driving to your next load. (3-5 hours) Maybe Longer!!

You sit at a shipper to get loaded...but cant get any rest because you need to be awake to hear them call you on the CB, or you have to keep moving the truck in line every 15 minutes!
    3-5 hours.

Now count in eating, doing paperwork, taking care of the truck etc etc. (2-3) hrs.

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEGAN TO DRIVE YET!!

GUESS WHAT...YOU NOW SPENT ABOUT 15 HOURS OF YOUR DAY WITH WHAT I MENTIONED ABOVE!! NOW YOU HAVE TO DRIVE DESPITE BEING HELD AT SHIPPERS AND RECEIVERS ALL DAY.

DRIVERS PUT THIS DOWN AS SLEEPER BIRTH/OFF DUTY TIME, BUT WE KNOW BETTER THAN THAT!!

WANT TO HELP THE DRIVERS...PASS A LAW WHERE TRUCKING COMPANIES CANNOT RETALIATE, FIRE OR HARASS DRIVERS FOR SLEEPING WHEN THEY ARE TIRED.

THIS WHOLE SLEEP APNEA THING IS NOTHING BUT A RED HERRING!!

Lovemytruckdriver Thanks this.
  5. lalo220

lalo220 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2013
    i would like the phone # to the sleep tesst thamks.

6. lalo220

lalo220 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2013
    thanks for your help

7. lalo220

lalo220 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2013
    good luck with your test.

8. lalo220

lalo220 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2013
    thats good i hope im lucky too.

9. lalo220

lalo220 Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2013
    i got 3 more post so i can pm you for thr DOC'S PHONE #

10. aaronc68

aaronc68 Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Not allowed to send PM for some reason mind if you send me that Dr info I have a similar situation no insurance need a sleep study thanks in advance

11. Rannechino

Rannechino Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2013
    san mateo fl
    just starting a new job and had to get a new dot physical and now i have to do a sleep study w/o insurance....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.