Child Support?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by I.C. Weiner, Jan 10, 2018.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    This is why I'm gonna get the snip. Plus if any of you knew me IRL you'd probably agree it'd be a great idea for me not to reproduce :biggrin_2559:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I would be after my kids. At the very least, I would get joint custody. Then, the kids would have a chance. Everyone seems to think that paying child support makes you a responsible person. It doesn’t.

“But Six, accidents happen...”

This was an accident...I understand now. For a moment, I thought it was people of age choosing to be irresponsible. My mistake.

4. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    Did she sign pre nup, how can you get custody of the kids?

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  5. I.C. Weiner

I.C. Weiner Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2017
    I think a lot of you are confusing my sentiments.. I have no problem paying child support, that isn't the issue. The issue is her purposely asking for more money just so she can use the money on herself and try to buy the love of her boyfriend. Even aside from that what's most important to me is my kids. I don't call her out her name, whenever we would speak I would always be cordial and respectful. Her sole reason for not allowing me to speak with my kids is because she doesn't think I'm paying enough child support. Idc what perspective you look at this from, that's just evil. I really want to fix this but going through this whole court process will be trying.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  6. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    childsupport is a word made up to excuse exortion

7. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    In most states, the judge can examine a parent's ability to earn as well as what the parent is actually earning. The judge may order higher child support if there is a discrepancy

8. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    They don't have to use it on the kids. They are supposed to but some don't . the judges are aware of most of the tricks that are tried.
    I was taken back 3 times & he increased it every time.

9. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    Whatever you do send the payments through the court & that way you have records.

Bakerman Thanks this.
  10. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    For example, assume a parent with an obligation to pay child support does one of the following:

• leaves a current job and enrolls in medical or law school
    • takes a job with lower pay but good potential for higher pay in the future, or
    • takes a lower-paying job that provides better job satisfaction.
    In each of these situations, a court may base the child support award on the income from the original job (ability to earn) rather than on the new income level (ability to pay). The basis for this decision would be that the children's current needs take priority over the parent's career plans and desires.

11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Per Diem is a way to keep the taxable income lower, and so keep child support payments lower.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.