Coca-cola routes

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Ddr1992 579, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Ddr1992 579

Ddr1992 579 Medium Load Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Do most run in the county or can they go into different counties to deliver? Can the driver opt to load there own trailers for extra hours/pay or is it only the warehouse employee's that do that? Did they get rid of the side bay trailers and switch to a box trailer and liftgates?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    I don’t care much for tequila but I love whisky.

4. Ddr1992 579

Ddr1992 579 Medium Load Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Can you please not mention my old username and answer the question?

5. tiddlytanker

tiddlytanker Light Load Member

May 4, 2017
    Minot, ND
    Coca-cola uses regional independent bottlers. They are all going to be ran differently so It depends on where you live. My local bottler used the side loaders for small customers like bars/restaurants that just needed the fountain drink syrup or for vending machine routes. They used van trailers with lift gates for everything else. The pay structure is going to be different in every region as well. You may get salary + commission or paid hourly.

If you don't have a CDL start as a merchandiser. They stock supermarkets with product that the driver leaves in the backroom. I expect most bottlers are setup like this. It has high turnover so there are always openings. If you do not like merchandising you wont like driving because its also hard labor. I had two years as a merchandiser and two years as a driver (they trained me to get a CDL).

6. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Soda I’ve notice is contingent on the each distributor. My local pepsi still uses side loaders for everything except bull grocery, which are delivered via 53” usually by senior employees.

coke cola uses a weird looking electric cart that picks up “half pallets” it fits through a standard door so no need to pick, or restack the order unless you have one of those puto-face accounts that must scan the product and not the barcode sheet.

In regards to region; my local soda bottlers do the tri county area.

Collier, lee, Charlotte county is done by the fort myers branch and they split Sarasota county with Tampa.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.