Com data Card ?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by bdkilgore, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Comdata has two cards one is for fueling the truck. The trucking company pay that. The other Comdata card is for your pay. The trucking company put your pay on the card. Now you call Comdata and you can sent your paycheck to your bank account. You could go to ATM and get cash. You can even write a Comdata check from your payroll account.

You don't pay for oil changes yourself unless you own the truck. The trucking company pay for oil change and any truck repairs.

You get paid to drive the truck, usually it's a set rate per mile or you get paid a percentage of the load.

Then running team they usually split the pay between the two drivers. So of you get paid $0.48 cents per mile and the truck runs 5,000 miles a week that $2,400 or $1,200 each

Fuel surcharge only for the person paying the fuel bill. If your driving a company truck, they pay for the fuel.

bdkilgore Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nothereoften

Nothereoften Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2018
    Ask to talk to the people who work for him, or have worked for him in the past. I always ask current employees before deciding if a job is good or bad

bdkilgore Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Never mind that fuel surcharge. That is a charge passed on to the customer that ultimately recieves the truck load of apples you hauled from Yakima WA to Atlanta for example. Eventually People who go into the Safeway store to buy some apples will pay a portion of that charge which is added to the retail markup.

If you do not have familiaralty with how this Industry handles cash and charges on a day to day basis, it is a very strong position I seek to make sure you stick with just being a COMPANY driver. As in a W2. That also means YOU DO NOT pay for the fuel, not a penny, not a drop of the stuff. Your company has to pay all of whatever you put into that fuel tank on that truck so you do not run out of fuel. Paying for fuel is something the company HAS to do in full. You just sign the reciept and so on so that the truckstop knows who, what, how much, when and so on to settle this particular fueling encounter.

DO NOT be bullied into paying fuel as a company driver. In fact the very presence of such policies, contracts for YOU to sign (DO NOT... EVER...) and so on causes the company to see a great amount of cash profit while YOU incur losses against your payroll earned paying something that is not yours to pay.

Dave_in_AZ and Manipal92 Thank this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I think it's $1.75 when they load the card, and the same when I do a direct deposit.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    FSC is an amount set by the Department of Energy on a weekly basis, to offset the cost of a gallon of fuel.

Companies typically charge customers this in addition to a line haul.

The DOE rate is the standard, but a company can charge, or give the driver as much as they want.

We receive 100% of the FSC as part of our compensation. And it also varies by region.

If an agent wants to sweeten the load, as an incentive he might increase the FSC. I've seen it go to $0.60 mile, when the DOE rate is $0.35.

bdkilgore and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. jinxutoo

jinxutoo Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Illinois
    This thread has to be a joke.

8. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Absolutely false there @Dave_in_AZ - stop spreading these filthy lies!

It’s $1.75 to load, and $1.00 to action the direct deposit.

(Says over the top outraged guy on TTR obsessed with pedantic numerical facts)

:)

bdkilgore and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Chinese water torture.

I require my deposit some other way, probably a formal bank wire from their dispersing account. They are a Company, and therefore should have people to do this stuff.

10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Is it?Even a little rain falls on the struggling plant trapped between winter and frost in the sun.

11. bdkilgore

bdkilgore Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2013
    Texas
    Thank you for all the great information. I'm glad that you mentioned

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.