Coming back to Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Wlfmn88, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    From what I heard, they lost parts of that, Petsmart, Kmart, Sears, and some others that haven't been completely shoved off, but aren't as much as they used to haul for. The hay loads increased though lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Hay is about the only thing they cant F-up, It's First come first serve at pickup and at delivery. Also if they miss a load its quite easy to find another bailing wire and duck taped truck to pick up the slack.

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Had a friend doing the Conway run from Phx to Fontana 3 to 4 times a week, until he had to retire bc of cancer complications.

5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Six years I've been gone from Knight and still they send emails about "opportunities" in my area. Yea "opportunities" to get reamed out the ying yang like the OP of this thread feels he deserves, for reasons only known to him.

After seeing about three minutes of these YouTube ####### talking about Knight and of course the endless entertainment from reading about Knight on here, I think I'm good. Look at some of the comments on their Facebook page. Half these nit wits couldn't spell their own name of their life depended on it.

Keep that cheap freight flowing Knight. As much as I enjoyed delivering loads that had to be worked in, trying to drop WM loads with fictitious drop numbers and dealing with your idiot DM's at competing terminals, I'm going to have to pass.

:biggrin_25523::biggrin_25523:

6. GabeScott

GabeScott Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    They can't screw up the hay because they own the hay. Almost all those farms they are picking up at are owned by Knight Ag.

7. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

The several hay loads I picked up were all in Mormon UT...Knight's homeland.

Yeah, 1st come 1st serve out in the fields of northern & southwestern UT.

Problem with clean outs esp. if next customer is food product related and contamination/smell picky.

GabeScott Thanks this.
  8. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    When I was there, at orientation they warned us not to do U turns on a public road, as it's a quick way to get terminated. This seemed ridiculous to me at the time, so I asked how would they know if I did a U turn? The answer was, "The onboard camera in some of the trucks has sensors that determine if in fact you are performing a U turn". This is true, considering how many sensors are built into smartphones. No one wants to do a U turn in a rig, but sometimes there is no other option. Their answer to that was proper trip planning, typical of someone who has to preach the company line.

Also, no "sitting duck" policy, which means that you are not allowed to park on the side of the road, even if parking is allowed.

"No alcohol, while in possession of company property", which I interpret as not being able to have a beer, while doing a 34 hour reset and staying in a hotel room across from the truck stop in St. George, Utah.

Way too many in house regulations.

9. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

I did many "legal" (and safe) u-turns in my 5 yrs with Knight knowing their stupid rules (such as their version of a sitting duck) as in many cases the Qcom directions were wrong!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.