Companies currently using driver cameras...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MACK E-6, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    First day I got this truck I locked up the brakes with a empty trailer. Looked at the camera and it flashed error 6. Haven't worried about it since.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimmyWells

JimmyWells Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Drive naked, covered in strawberry jelly. Make them regret ever spying on you and taking away your right to privacy. The truck is your bedroom, your office and your living room. One day, a driver or their significant other will be in the berth getting dressed, having sex or whatever else one would expect privacy for while parked in a truck stop and another driver will bump them causing an "incident" to record. That video has lawsuit written all over it.

Make a stand, Drivers. Leave and/or refuse to work for a disgraceful company willing to treat their employees in such a manner.

4. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    I am waiting for a company to try and terminate someone for doing something legal in the sleeper area while on their break. When that happens I hope they read this, get yourself competent counsel. Any company that has a driver facing camera needs to have a policy that states you can cover it when not moving. If they do not, they are asking for a lawsuit.

5. Mr.breeze121

Mr.breeze121 Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Veriha trucking in marionette wi.

6. Mr.breeze121

Mr.breeze121 Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Veriha trucking uses drive cam in 100 percent of trucks. Pays 65 dollars a week.

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Okay, it never came to this but here's one option I considered.

(This will only work if your a new parent)

Change my kid's diaper on the bunk.

Now I tell the safety guy that they need to remove the camera from my truck or I will inform the FBI that the company database has illegal pictures of naked minors on their server.

8. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    OK,
    Option 1. Have a baby or steal one
    Option 2. Quit
    Hmmm.... I'll go with option 2 as opposed to number 2

9. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    FedEx is going to them. Company and all contractors

10. Vero_Responds

Vero_Responds Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2016
    So without watching playback of incidents and seeing what you could have done better or what you did right you will be at the top of your game. Now I've heard it all.

11. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    There's a plethora of million mile drivers out there who did it without a camera to coach them on how to drive. Next...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.