Companies currently using driver cameras...

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MACK E-6, Oct 29, 2015.

1. zx150

zx150 Medium Load Member

Mar 30, 2012
    What system is FedEx Ground using? I know the vendor is Velociti but that's all I know. Is it true they are going to driver facing cameras?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPat

TruckerPat Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2017
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
  5. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Wtf is this?
    Im going to dot school!
    Lets all join dot and write some tickets..on the fools who drive for these punks.

Green_20 and X-Country Thank this.
  6. EatYourVeggies

EatYourVeggies Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Pride Transport has cameras now?

Man, I'm glad I quit that dump.

Btw, Melton called me again the other day. This time I actually picked up and asked the woman to take my number off their list.

She said she will (I'll find out soon enough if she actually follows through).

I then asked her to confirm if Melton will continue to keep driver-facing cams in their trucks. She said yes and called them career savers.

It was all I could do to not laugh into the phone. Really...? I've met plenty of experienced, hard-working drivers - and their careers certainly did NOT need saving from an in-your-face camera.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    TokyoJoe, foggy, JV_620 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I heard a couple weeks ago that they tried them then took them out

EatYourVeggies Thanks this.
  8. EatYourVeggies

Nov 10, 2016
    Well, I'm happy for the drivers there.

But I'm still glad I quit. Good riddance!

9. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    They kind of weird me out.

Mine has been set off by bumpy roads or parking lots or when I had trouble getting under trailers from ice. I just look at the blinking light and shrug.

Today it seemed to go off for no reason which annoys me. I'm guessing these are false triggers which the vender watches and screens out.

I'm staying put here at Veriha though because I need more recent experience before I can move on.

10. EatYourVeggies

Nov 10, 2016
    My guess is that they set it up to record on a continuous loop. The information then goes into a data bank for a given time period, after which, it gets deleted. I suppose they could keep the information indefinitely but that would take up too much space.

An analogy are those video cameras you see at stores and banks. They'll save the tape for a while and eventually record over them if there is no incident to report.

If someone in IT can confirm or dispute this, I'll be grateful.

For the record, I will NEVER drive for anyone that sticks a camera in my face.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    foggy and Rusty Trawler Thank this.
  11. EatYourVeggies

Nov 10, 2016
    Yes, they can be triggered with things like hard braking, lane violation, etc.

And I wouldn't be so sure about those "false triggers." It could be that or it could be random spot checks.

And some of those "random" checks aren't so random. Just like those "random" LMFAO drug tests.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.