Company DOT physical

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by nredfor88, Nov 15, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    A word on the forgotten thought directly affecting my team of 4 doctors out of a total of 20 currently involved in my day to day medical work.

These four doctors retired the day Arkansas passed the laws allowing Pharmacies to reject prescriptions written for certain drugs, allowing the Doctors own licenses to be held under threat of being revoked as a pill pusher to patients. (We have doctors routinely prescribing 90 pills a month for around 1100 pain patients being made to lose their license and right to practice at all. If not also prosecuted on suspection for pill mill pushing.) usually when several patients take more than prescribed and die from overdose OR break their contracts and show up at the ER asking for more pain killers which is usually denied if they cannot prove a acute need such as a BROKEN Bone etc.

My regular Family Doctor, a basic MD who has wiped boo boos, sniffles and owies for his people over 30 years hung a for sale sign on his entire clinic, his lands the clinic sits on And put the entire business being a family physician on the block to be chopped off and removed from his life in a full and absolute retirement. At 50 years old.

Why?

His clientele quit seeing him. They show up claiming to be in need of medicine, he says no and offers a referral that takes about three months for most patients to be accepted within the State's Hospital Network for that kind of treatment.

And so the income went away along with the people. They literally get nothing. Maybe a couple fo asprin for aches and maybe a bit of cold and flu decongestant that has been taken off shelves by FDA intent on stopping people from using that for drug processing illegally. In other words your store bought OTC medicines are truly crap.A waste of money and time. The GOOD medicines that can fix you right up in a hour or less is reserved for the ER, Hospital etc.

Lpirtle Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We just got ours a month ago. Arkansas was pleased to issue it. They did tell me that I will need more proof for CDL renewal re-upgrade because I already held one in my lifetime and relatively not be too difficult to get another if I can hold a DOT medical card OR swear to a Tier two Exception. Im just too sick to worry about that right now. It's been a one hell of a year for me so far. A good year, but frankly if I was to die tonight and be free from the prison offered by my own body there will be no tears for it at all. I would be free.

But enough about me.

Kentucky's really something else taking on DOT and Federal Government who is mandating this Real ID as a required upgrade for the so called war on Terror. They don't yet understand that people with eyes and feet plus a little money can move to a free state and just get a plain license and a passport without too much trouble these days before it REALLY becomes a problem years from now.

Maybe I move to Kentucky. Specifially either Logan County where you generally have a modest home and left alone with a bit of forested land to keep you warm in winter. OR go to Green Bank WVa which is a national quiet zone by law. You can still get internet, but it's either fiber or ethernet wired to your router. Wireless and 5G etc expressly banned.

4. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Meantime, it seems like when the government finally succeeds in controlling a drug.. something else pops up that replaces the drug.. then that drug gets controlled and something else pops up... it seems like a never ending cycle. Watch OTC medicines become prescription only 20-30 years from now.. I could see that happening.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    IMO I think they do it to try & keep people from Dr hopping . some with 90 day card trying to get a 2 year card

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    I live out in Rural Kentucky. (I don't actually live in Owensboro; but I live in the same county as it.) Theres really not much as far as internet services go out here.. fixed wireless does exist out here, but its so slow that you might as well have Dial-up.
    My phone is a standard copper phone line, my cell phone has 0 bars inside the house; I have to step outside if I want to use it. So, Dial-up internet is how I am getting online at this time.. its pretty simple out here.. though I admit, I wish broadband existed.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It already is.

Consider Immodium AD or Kaeopectate or Great Value (Walmart brand) loperamide hydrochloride.. in the late 70's it was a schedule five prescription medicine for calming down and stopping the gut from being too active when you cannot get away from the pot due to bad water, bad food, bad whatever. Ive used Kaeopectate for decades for it's intended purposes since Codeine was itself banned for that purpose because it has become a 5000 dollar street asset in the war on drugs. Give a patient a light resistant bottle of Codiene for 1.50 at the pharmacy for a gut boo boo and see that same patient discover the ability to see the same liquid pint in original bottle for thousands of dollars pretty much overnight.

Here is a link to the Immodium AD ban by the CDC to where your amounts that you get OTC for a higher pricing discourages you from buying too many of those pills or too much of the liquid in one go.

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/news/20180130/opioid-crisis-leads-fda-to-restrict-imodium

The people get pretty clever when there is a problem to be solved preferably outside of the Medical Field of surveillance and so on. Unfortunately for some, they end up right back at the hospital sicker than ever before. A form of warfare.

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You sir might want to document a visit to your local Telephone Exchange. I don't know if you have ever been inside a working copper wire based telephone exchange. Consider a large warehouse that is armored to some degree against EMP, disasters and even a touch of nuclear. That Copper system will do well if it physically survived the attack itself of that kind.

Anyway a trip inside a telephone exchange building working on the old time Copper pairs is like walking into a warehouse FULL of Mousetraps. The minute or instant rather someone picks up a phone their associated direct wired pair of coppers swing into action making alot of noise. Combine that with a town of 19,000 making and receiving phone calls at busy time of the day the situation inside that building does not support adequately untrained people.When a phone company maintains service to a senior housing or assisted living using rotary phones or even touch tone service. If you were able to use the Pound Sign or the opposite to it on the Blood Pressure monitorl

Lpirtle Thanks this.
  9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    To be sure,I would get another physical done. Get it somewhere you are comfortable with. Bring along any documentation you need to address your condition but do not volunteer it unless needed. If you give the same info on the form that you gave the Swift doc, then it is not doctor shopping. 2nd opinion is allowed.

Lpirtle Thanks this.
  10. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    Unless you have any of the 4 disgualifiers. Hypertension, respitory dysfunction, vision impairment or epilepsy-mental disorder. Those are automatic failures.

11. Tx Countryboy

Sep 18, 2019
    They are downgraded before time for a 2nd opinion. I got the same answer from all 3 when I ask - isn't there a certain period of time say 24 hours to get second opinion or in my case a optometrist visit. The examiner, fmcsa & DMV said no grace period. A fail is A fail with them 4 dq's.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.