condensation or hot load

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Greggg, May 9, 2019.

1. Greggg

Greggg Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2018
    I kinda messed but looks okay I had to go load right after a washout only with vent door open and I’m pretty sure load was hot as well. Just reefer running high (which I don’t like but I’m loaded)

Just wondering what are the best ways to fight or take care of condensation or a hot load so I’m prepared for next time and don’t have my unit work as much and lose so much diesel.

Pulp temping and opening up my doors after waahbout I’m sure but what would other ones ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    What commodity?
    Are you talking to the water that sticks to interior walls and never seems to want to evaporate when you need it to?

4. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    I worked for a carrier that always seem to put me on a load that required a food grade DRY trailer, following a frozen load. I had extra towels with me. I’d wrap those around a push broom and wipe every thing down, except the floor. It worked pretty well. I’d then put it 60 continuous for the 35-40 minutes it took to get to the shipper and it was good to go.

5. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    Needlessly to say, I’d get some funny looks from drivers seeing me do this.

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah that's what I was going to say. In a pinch I've used my clothes to dry the walls off when loading onions. It's a rare occurrence for me, I generally know my next move ahead of time so I just leave doors wide open some place overnight.

7. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    After a washout to dry out run reefer on coldest setting continuous for an hour than check. Before getting loaded. And keep doors shut.
    Cooled air is dryer.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  8. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Cold air is drier,but it can backfire on you if you’re somewhere with high humidity. I do ltl,mostly frozen and some days I could take a shower in the trailer after the doors being open for a few minutes.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  9. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Shut the doors while cooling.

10. Finfn1372

Finfn1372 Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Greenville,NC
    I use to get a washout before I would go pu paper,run it on 40 continuous trust me on this one.

GladhandSW Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.