costco

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by orangepicker, Feb 1, 2015.

1. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    Costco is probably the best big store/whse place to deliver currently imo, I love those loads. They definitely have better attitudes even inside, like night and day vs something like a Home Depot where they are never happy it seems.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. W1P30UT

W1P30UT Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2014
    What are receiving hours for these costco warehouses. Got a 5 am appointment time but don't know if they receive at certain hours. Any help is appreciated

4. j76ny

j76ny Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Canandaigua,NY
    I'd be there at your appointment time or before. If the place you are going to is anything like the Costco in Monroe NJ you will be 20 trucks back in line.

5. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    60 bins of watermelons, 45 minutes gate to gate Saturday morning in Sumner. I love Costco. They opened a new one near home and we said screw SAMs and got a membership there.

mp4694330 Thanks this.
  6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Schneider hauls for Costco in my area.

7. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I only have a Sam's membership because it's 10 minutes from my house and Costco is 30. Otherwise I'd go to Costco in a heartbeat...

8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Been to the Sumner, WA many many times, W. Palm once...the one in 'Joisey once (or was that BJ's) I've never had a bad visit. I love the way they do things, no radio chatter to listen to while you wait for an empty call (like some Wally/Sam's do). Just wait for the buzzer thing to scare the crap out of you and head for the gate.

I have delivered P&G to the stores with a previous employer. They're not quite as fast, but still had me done well before the P&G 2 hour deadline....They should teach a course on proper warehousing techniques...

ShortBusKid Thanks this.
  9. uglyvegas

uglyvegas Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2011
    las vegas, nv
    Go to Costco Mira Loma 2-3 times a week, almost always a great unload. Did get detention from them once and only once in 2011, not bad considering I've probably been there over a thousand times. Other recievers should go there to see how it's done!

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They do also in the houston area.

11. DocWatson

DocWatson Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Jersey shore
    Picked up from the Costco in Sumner , WA today. It was fast. Swift has a large contract with them from the DCs to the stores including the heavy haul. Our Swift terminal next door in Sumner is almost entirely Costco heavy haul. Costco also has their own trucks and other carriers running their freight.

They always seem efficient and fast to me.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.