costco

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by orangepicker, Feb 1, 2015.

1. BoazTrucker

BoazTrucker Light Load Member

May 3, 2013
    Northeast Alabama
    Loved costco in Jamestown NJ and Monrovia MD, and the food truck in MD was amazing, best breakfast burritos, the pager system awesome, i just wish they would allow parking more than before 5am

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sho Nuff

Sho Nuff Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Costco fleet driver in Monroe township, Nj, is a pretty sweet job. Job pays about $24.50 and will go up to $25.50. You start off at $18 for a year and a half and move up to top rate after that. Non union job, but it's Costco, everybody gets paid pretty decent. Equipment is impeccable, they take pride in keeping everything nice and clean. All drop and hook, and you may have to do some yard jockey as well. Only downside is it's strictly 40 hours a week.

4. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    I'd LOVE a job that was strictly 40 hours a week, sign me up! ;)

5. GHDave

GHDave Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'm a retired Gordon Trucking Inc driver. It seems I spent half my time at Costco facilities ... mainly the Tracy DC, but also delivering to virtually every Costco on my NCA fleet.

Tracy was a blast. Get your early morning unload appt, get there right on time and you feel like you are on a conveyor belt. Check in is quick, with the little buzzer thing. They tell you which door, and you pull immediately into the holding spot for that door, get out and open doors.

As soon as you see in your rearviews the truck pull out that's been in your door you back straight in, and almost immediately feel yourself getting bumped. In no time, you are pulling out.

All the while, there are seemingly hundreds of other trucks doing the same thing. It appears to look like mayhem, but it is an extremely efficient almost-choreographed dance.

Downside to the Tracy DC was there was very little parking if you got there the night before, or too early for your appt. Not a problem for me since it is just a hop and a skip from the Gordon Lathrop terminal.

Right next door is something quite the opposite ... the Tracy Safeway DC. Egads! I hated going there. 5-8 hours unload, almost guaranteed to run you out of hours. But, that's another story.

6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I truly enjoy delivering Costco's however, given the severe truck parking shortage in the Pacific Northwest, particularly in the Seattle area, I don't understand why Costco-Sumner will not allow delivering trucks to arrive the evening before delivery. They have a huge staging lot that would help take a lot of pressure off entrance ramps and other unsafe parking areas drivers are forced to seek out because of zero available truck stop parking after 18:00 or earlier.

Their 2 hour policy just does't make sense when you realize how critical the truck parking situation is from I-5 northbound or I-90 west bound in the vicinity of the Sea-Tac area. I think Safeway at least let's you come in either 6 or 8 hours early to stage.

7. Ex-Con-Trucker

Ex-Con-Trucker Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Atlanta, Ga
    The Atlanta Costco DC is awesome. Wish every grocery warehouse used Costco system.

8. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I just delivered to that Monrovia DC...the food truck was good...none of that food truck with the food that was cooked in the morning, these folks cook it fresh when you order. In and out quick, and even has some curb parking outside the gate for waiting on dispatch. You can send me to Costco to deliver any time.

9. prosidius

prosidius Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Wisconsin
    The dc in Salt Lake City was the best grocery dc I've ever been to. I was in and out in a half hour for a live unload.

10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Costco DC in Dallas

Been over a year since I delivered a Costco but it seems they are not the grand delivery experience they used to be.

They don’t let you into staging area if you arrive more than 30 minutes prior to appointment. This is what I was told upon entering 90 minutes prior to delivery but she was gracious enough to cut me a break this one time.

I had a 8:30 appointment. Got called in at 8:30 however it’s now 10:30 and the light is still red (full load of cheese, 2 products)

I’m going to have to suspend any further promotion of Costco until maybe a future delivery is better and this not-so-good experience was a one-off

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.