CPAP Tip for O/O

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by daddyhusky, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    It means I don't want a cpap. So I'll go to different doctor that is going to pass my physical. Now if I want to go get a sleep study done on my own and do a cpap on my own cool. But I don't want my license to be dependent on me using it.

Coffey, Brettj3876, Eldiablo and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wespipes

Jul 14, 2019
    And to further touch on this. I personally think. Most people they say need a cpap don't actually need one. Something to the tune of 90% don't need it. But that's just my 2 cents. But idk why anyone would want I attached to their license. If you don't HAVE to. If you're a company driver you, most of the time, have to go where your company tells you to get a physical done. I work for myself. I don't want any stipulations on my license

Zangief, Coffey, Brettj3876 and 3 others Thank this.
  4. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    Does this forum do hair folical tests or just urinalysis asking for a friend

Coffey, Eldiablo and TB John Thank this.
  5. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I have and use a CPAP machine, I also take pills for a prostate problem I have. I don't necessarily want to use a CPAP or take pills but I do because they improve the quality of my life. I base my decisions on sound medical advice, not on what I've heard or what I think the way things should be.

Coffey and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  6. Wespipes

Jul 14, 2019
    Good. Do you. I just would rather do it on my own/my Dr telling me to do it. Rather then, you have to use this machine in order to drive AND we need proof of it. OR were gonna suspend your license. Which is what have your it be attached to your medical physical is.

Coffey and Eldiablo Thank this.
  7. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Problem is if you are misdiagnosed, it's a nightmare getting the diagnosis reversed.

I do not have sleep apnea, but I have to wear a mask. Having and using the mask does nothing for me but give me acne where the mask seals to my face.

Eldiablo, TB John and ZVar Thank this.
  8. TB John

Dec 28, 2008
    I'm not sure how a misdiagnosis can occur but if you don't have sleep apnea don't use your mask. You can also change the style of mask you use to suit your needs.

9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    How much of that sleeapnea is a real problem so that FMCSA should even care? Although, it may be dangerous for someone to lose breath during sleep but how is that compromising safety on the road?

Coffey Thanks this.
  10. TB John

Dec 28, 2008
    Poor quality of sleep can affect your performance during the day. That is what they are concerned about.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  11. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    because we can’t do truck stop medical cards with this certification BS anymore

Coffey and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.