That is not totally true. I took the sleep test in New Kingstown about 16 months ago. Out of 4 of us who took it that night, 1 was diagnosed with it (not me) and 3 of us were cleared. Over all the "failure" rate is higher, I guess. But you have the option of getting your own machine from another source, BUT...it must be the same model they use. At least that is what Rae explained to me when I was being scheduled for the test. Also, if you opted to get the machine from another source, they would not allow you to drive until you had it. This is so they can say you have a choice, but you really do not have a choice.
Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward
Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.
Page 52 of 1029
-
-
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
-
Perhaps it was the threat of lawsuits that made them change. When they 1st started the testing, the failure rate was over 75%, and, the only option was Crete's machine unless you already had one that was compatible with their data collection system. Many drivers were diagnosed with it, but when they took their results to their own doctor...their doctor couldn't believe they were being forced to use a cpap. One driver, who was well under the physical limits by a long way, was forced into a sleep study, and was forced to buy and use Crete's cpap, not because his test results said he had apnea, but because he had a hard time sleeping in the lab in a strange new place with all the wires hooked to him and kept waking up when the tech had to come in and plug him back in. After the third night, the tech said that he must have apnea since he had such a problem sleeping so he failed. His record is now scared for life with that medical condition. Then, the only option was buy and use the machine or you have 1 hour to clean out your truck and get off the property.(Wilmer)Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
-
Not to change the subject...
I don't normally run the West Coast. But today I had to chain up to get over Ladd Creek on 84 in Oregon. The chain up lights were blinking even though the pavement was almost bare. Long story short, I broke three cross chains and punctured a trailer tire. Is this typical? Or what did I do wrong? Is is possible to get the chains too tight? I should have waited out the snow. It was a lot of work to save a little bit of time which I will lose waiting on breakdown. Any suggestions?? -
I hear it is best to leave a little bit of slack . Not too tight. I would avoid using chains if there is no snow. Sometimes the officials wait awhile to turn off chain sign. If the road is clear I would just wait for them to turn off chain sign, or I might just go ahead without chains.
Ezpass Thanks this. -
They may have changed their tune. I had a difficult time sleeping with the wires and straps on me. The attendant told me all they really need is 1 hour of good sleep readings. Crete said we needed 4 hours...Still what I said applied to my experience and what went on during the test I was part of, and what I was told by Rae prior to the test. I was not happy about having to take it, and I can see why others don't want to take it. -
Hmmm, a reset in Council Bluffs, I'm in heaven. Plus I hopped over to Lincoln for laundry.
-
Sitting at the Petro in Kenly, NC. Going to watch the super bowl game in my truck tonight, and then go deliver my load in Wilson, NC tomorrow morning.
-
Back in the free porno hotel in Perrysburg, OH.....just in time for the super foozball game!
-
I hope the porno was better than the game. Turned truck in tonight at Deland. 2014 with 62k on it. Never been smoked in. Due for A service. Engine light activates every time the truck gets 10 miles from the Ackley shop it was just in. But runs just fine.
-
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
Page 52 of 1029