Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I get that one too. And there are specific spots where it does it almost every time...like coming north of Atlanta between the bypass and the exit we take for Marietta, right at the bridge where you can see the Burlington Coat Factory store.

O.Henry Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    Hit a deer last night. Lost about 18” of plastic imitation bumper to the right of the radar and smooched in the grill and radiator to the left. My on guard, which loves to throw a fit at signs and overpasses but seizes up at every temperature change was of course not working and didn’t notice anything.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  4. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    I killed Bambi a couple weeks ago,but not enough damage for immediate repair.Did screw up my On Guard though.Cruise was in and out.
    Had it repaired during hometime.

Onadetour Thanks this.
  5. Onadetour

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    Ya know how when you’re trying to type out a reply to the incredibly stupid message dispatch just sent you and the tablet keeps trying to go to speak to text and then you have to edit out all the swearing… I hate when that happens.

dwells40 and O.Henry Thank this.
  6. O.Henry

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    How do you get out of going to Walmart to help at DC.
    I refused, but they made it sound like I was required to,so I went.

7. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Offer to do it but each delivery will take 1 day to the store, and 1 day to return to the DC, then PTA is the next morning after you return...even if it goes to the store right down the road. I made it known early on, if I was ever forced into the Walmart fleet that I would be the most unproductive driver in the history of that account. I use to get Shanghai'd into Walmart when I was a Crete driver, and asked for a fresh tube of extra strength Prep H every time they asked me to help.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    Rocks Thanks this.
  8. O.Henry

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
  9. O.Henry

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    The regular drivers get the good loads,and we have to wait around for crap 200 mile loads is a bunch of Brandon.

10. Onadetour

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
  11. mstrchf117

mstrchf117 Medium Load Member

May 21, 2016
    I helped out at the Cheyenne dc once for a week. Was ok. Haven't done it again, even when I offered to before Thanksgiving when they were offering the bonus. At least now I have an excuse, I'll just tell them I want the bonus 6cpm. Maybe I get paid to much, think the Walmart fleets have a different pay scale, but regular otr gets their pay if they help out.

Rocks Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.