Crete carrier

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BIGLEFTYINTX, May 2, 2020.

1. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Driver facing cameras.
    Sleep apnea scam.
    Junk trucks.
    What's not to like?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Thank you for reminding me to call Safety and get the skinny on new driver camera requirements. Trying to call them now.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  4. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    Was not able to reach them before I had to get checked in and drop a loaded trailer. Meh. Will try to remember tomorrow.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  5. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    I have just called the Crete Carrier safety department and spoken to the driver camera questions and answers line.

Crete does NOT require ANY new hire individuals to mount a camera unless there is a safety flag. Moving violations, safety violations, preventable accidents, that sort of thing.

If Crete tells you that you need to have a drive cam installed, that decision came from one person, and one person only. 10% of Crete trucks have drive cams installed, and those cameras are installed on a case-by-case basis.

It is possible that the information that was used to make the decision to put a drive cam in your truck is faulty. You should speak to Safety and ask what the reason was that made them decide to put a camera in your truck. If that information is incorrect, provide correct information and ask for an appeal.

Again, it is **NOT** Crete policy to put driver cameras in **ANY** truck without a safety-flag related issue.

alds, O.Henry, AM14 and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    I was told my experience

Farmerbob1 and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  7. BIGLEFTYINTX

BIGLEFTYINTX Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Now, finally got a confirmation on their reason. It is due to my experience, 8 months regional and 7 months local equals 15 months , but the the 8 months fall short of their 1 year requirement. So, my options are 60 days camera or 1-3 weeks with trainer .

Still don't know why this wasn't explained before orientation

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    Farmerbob1 and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  8. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    It is possible the recruiter did not know about the recent change to experience requirements.

I say recent because @ 3.5 years ago when I first contacted Crete, I was told that for every month less than a full year OTR experience, I would have to spend a week in a truck with a trainer. There was no camera option then.

Still, I agree with you, someone on the recruiting team appears to have dropped the ball.

Kidd05 and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.