CRETE Questions

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Varmit, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Weazz

Weazz Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Florida
    Handle freight?....dunno about that, im on the shaffer side..crete does seems abit better getting there drivers home but i live in fl so its harder to get me there..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I wouldn't say Crete is any better with getting you home.. I too live in FL. I left home 10/17 wanted to get home the w/e before Thanksgiving so I could be home, and back out to work the holiday. I just got home 12/21. There is no freight in or out of FL right now with either part of the company. It's tougher than finding freight in PA. Even when freight is more towards the normal level, I always counted myself lucky if I got home within a couple weeks of my requested date... If there is a specific need, like graduation or doctors appt, I schedule vacation and pester pester pester until they get sick of hearing about my home time.

4. Weazz

Weazz Light Load Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Florida

LOL...pester huh

5. STICK HAULER

STICK HAULER Light Load Member

Dec 11, 2008
    HICKORY,NC
    one app will do you for all three however there are apps on all three sites i wanted regional nothing at crete so my recruiter at crete transfered me to schaffer, recruiter but the crete recruiter is still doing all the hiring procedure must have some kinda bonus program for the recuiters, hope this didnt confuse you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,stick

6. NoShortcuts

NoShortcuts Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Lincoln, NE

No bonus to speak of :biggrin_25512:
    A Shaffer or Crete app will work for either company. Shaf/Crete run under the same DOT#, so it can be easily transferred.
    Hunt runs under a different DOT#, so you have to fill out their app to pull the skateboards.
    Hope that helps :biggrin_25525:

7. Rumblestrip

Rumblestrip Light Load Member

May 20, 2010
    Rogers, Arkansas
    I am in school right now and have been accepted by Crete, Roehl, and WSE. My question is Crete has a Walmart dedicated here in Oklahoma. Can a graduate get on the dedicated fleet right out of school or do they have to run national first?

8. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    OK so Florida is bad for freight. How about mid Tennessee? I live in Panama City currently, but am looking to go home to Columbia. Is the freight better round Nashville?

9. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    Nashville is a better location for just about any company, and you will have allot more options on what company to go to in that area since it is on a major corridor.
    That is the issue with FL, you do not pass thru FL to get anywhere.

10. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Unless you are going from Savannah to Houston...

11. tut

tut Light Load Member

--Above quote is a partial quote, not the entire post by Moonshadow--

"MCC", or Metropolitan Community College, Omaha ("Irvington", actually) NE is another school Crete likes. I am headed to Crete next week after graduating this week from MCC. Cost is similar to above mentioned school, but believe you me, if you are expecting "100 hours of BTW" as noted in a deleted portion of the quote above, you best be the only student in your truck! MCC stated X number of hours BTW as a goal, but due to high number of students it was X minus 'quite a bit'.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.