Crete/Shaffer‼️

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    fwiw I'm averaging almost 800 miles per load with Crete. I'm consistantly getting 3000 plus miles per week on more than three loads per week. If you get a load going anywhere near Florida ask for a plan out before you accept it or look for a diversion (beach, hotel with truck parking) for a day in most cases. Crete runs pretty smooth as long as you're running off the canned messages. If anything out of the ordinary happens and you have to involve someone in Lincoln, it can come to a grinding halt.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    What you need TWK is a vacation. You’ve been working too hard.

A few days hanging upside down in a dark closet does wonders, trust me!

tucker Thanks this.
  4. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Comical you all are... saying that nicely. Like I said earlier, I have all endorsements and trained in everything from local p/d, linehaul, haz, doubles, double drops. I also keep my license squeaky clean. I choose this lifestyle because I can save 1K a week. There will be a recession soon, probably the end of 2019 maybe 2020 but until then I won’t stop. I’m also not doing this because I’m broke or financially hurting, I just like running hard.

Made a nice move today... ran from IL to TX. I love Texas! Actually Wilmer TX.
    Here’s what I did: ran down to TX to drop, bobtailed to Crete and thro my laundry in the washer. Then back on duty and went to grab a loaded preplan. Made it back to Crete and thro my laundry in the dryer. Mr Clean and multi tasking in the wee hours of the night. I wouldn’t attemt that hat trick during the day because most of the drivers are awake and doing laundry. Doing it at night gave me the place to myself.
    Now TX to IL.

A vacation?? Nope, when I get my blood flowing and they run me I’m on all four cylinders. I personally can’t stop. Maybe bad, maybe good but for me it makes me feel alive and free.

Okay, since we last spoke it feels like their back on track. 3 loads a week average is 900-950. I could do more but if that’s there “above average” then it’s okay.
    For the record: last week which ended on Friday I hit 3027.

Now, the bad news.... please don’t say sorry. I can take a hit.
    I play the stock market and fell into a trap. Usually I can spot it but the market tricked me or I tricked myself for believing. I took a loss of 18K within 24 hours. Did it make me feel sad, a little but I didn’t pull over and nap, I kept running as normal. What happens when something or someone knocks you down? You take a quick breather and dust yourself off and get back up! Otherwise this world will run you over and then run you over again.

I say it like it is, I don’t sugarcoat anything. I say what I mean and mean what I say. Most people won’t tell you if things go bad, they only tell you the good. I tell you like it is.

And I’m also so sick and tired of some Youtubers truckers giving advice then asking for a cup of coffee. YES, you heard that right. There “cup of coffee” which you can send them via PayPal is 3.00.
    Not only that but you can buy them multiple cups of coffee. Where the hell, (excuse my language) are they getting the beans for 3.00?? I scolded them.
    You can google this info for free. Most of them are owner ops. I like listening but come on! How low is that? Praying on the weak, I thought and still think we are a team, a brotherhood no matter what your color or race is.

Be safe and chat soon!

Bumper Thanks this.
  5. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I hit Estes for 3300 miles this week.

6. BigMuthaTrucka

BigMuthaTrucka Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    West Valley City, Utah
    Crete is a great company, especially compared to others.

7. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Crete Crete, we’re the best! We beat the socks off the rest!

Go Team! Beat Werner!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Bumper Thanks this.
  8. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017

true unattested update:

2730 this week, week ends Friday and I’ll have those miles by Thursday.

Now, the facts... OTR will get you FAT. I’m 5”10 weighing 170. Probably 175 because I’ve been feeling fat. Sit, eat, sleep, repeat.
    I won’t get fat! I’ve always have been in shape. Money doesn’t have to come with a price. So....
    today I decided I will power walk around my truck everyday. To be exact 55 times to start and that will increase to 100 times a day. More water and less soda. I don’t do fast food so I’m good there but this walking around the truck feels good. I’m one who commits and won’t stop the routine. I’ll keep you alll posted on all topics.
    Heading hm tomorrow to see the gf and then back on the road by Sunday AM. I’m also running on Christmas because I’m not 10 yrs old anymore so it’s not as fun. Plus no traffic!
    Stay safe and chat soon!

Ps... if you see a guy walking around his truck 55 times please don’t yell out “Coo Coo”!
    lol

motocross25 Thanks this.
  9. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    I have no idea if I will ever gain weight. I'm around 130lb at 6' 1"ish and never gain a single pound. I even eat mostly fast food which I know is not good but doesn't seem to affect me

10. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Not yet... give it time.

11. Frank Speak

May 3, 2016
    Get this man 2 pot pies, STAT!

the white knight and Bumper Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.