crosby trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by froggie, Jan 15, 2011.

1. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Bubba, try Van Wyk first, make Crosby your last choice but I can tell you that 500 minimum is BS

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freebirdrfd

freebirdrfd Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Raynham Ma
    Any updated information

4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    You are the fourth person to ask for "updated information" in this thread...and the answers to the first 3 were all the same. What makes you think this company is going to be magically 'better' for you?

Jarhed1964 and Broke Down 69 Thank this.
  5. Troubadour1977

Troubadour1977 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2018
    And there still sitting

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  6. Troubadour1977

Troubadour1977 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2018
    Most of there new freightliners are still sitting

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  7. Nocount207

Nocount207 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2017
    I understand that Crosby does not own the Freightliners, they are leased from Freightliner. But as I stated several years ago in this thread, I aint been hungry enough to work for Crosby.hope I never get that hungry.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  8. hawkjr

hawkjr Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Still remain the worst company I've ever worked for 8 years later...

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  9. J.S.Bigg

J.S.Bigg Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2021
    My story is from 20 years ago, I worked for Crosby for a VERY brief period and I'm telling you if it's anything like it was then you want to run like hell from it.
    I was fresh out of CDL school but I had a criminal record and at that time it was very hard to find a truck driving job with a CR and of course, the school didn't bother to tell me until I graduated but they guaranteed a job, and after a while they called and said go to Crosby in Charlotte and then to Virginia.
    So once I got there I met with the terminal manager who says "well you just got out of school, you don't need a trainer, right" and me being my young ####y self said "why hell no" and was given a crappy old Freight-shaker that was leftover from the war or something, went to pick up my trailer and set off to Stuarts Draft Virginia.
    I ended up broken down twice, didn't have and couldn't get adequate directions from the terminal, and ended up on roads that were NOT meant for trucks.
    And on the return trip when I finally was within a few miles of the Virginia terminal I ended up on the side of the road because of truck problems and had backed my trailer tires into a small ditch and was stuck, the owner himself comes up strait running his mouth wanting to start a fist-fight, and I told him basically to go **** himself and this ended my stint with Crosby.
    Once I reached the terminal they had a bus ticket waiting for me and I was happy to go and Mr douchebag owner guy was nowhere in sight after talking all that garbage.
    No way would I work for an outfit like Crosby today, my dispatcher and terminal are awesome today, we discuss problems, not duke it out, if my truck breaks or gives problems they take care of it, nothing like Crosby.
    This is just what happened to me, I needed a trainer and could have killed someone and even though I should have known better I was a ####y young punk but it was a good learning experience and yes some of this is my fault I'll be the first to admit it but if they actually gave a #### about their drivers or those on the road or even what's right things would have been much different.

mjd4277, Jarhed1964 and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I lasted 5 months in that toilet of a company. Parked the truck at Charlotte, cleaned it out, and went home. That was May 2010.

11. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I’m pretty sure Crosby is responsible for the down fall of Crosby, Stills and Nash. So yeah, they can count me out!

Wrecking the band wasn’t good enough. Now they’re wrecking drivers’ perception of an otherwise noble and esteemed profession!

JoeyJunk, bigblue19 and mjd4277 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.