Crst is horrible

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by hotshot124, Jan 13, 2019.

1. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Then that's your goal, trust me man, it will be worth it.

Just passing by Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Schoob

Schoob Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2013
    Southeast Mo
    Get on craigslist/jobs/transport. Plenty of companies on there wanting only 3 or 6 months experience. I can't imagine any company would care about crst no compete clause. Probably not worth the paper its written on. Mention the job. Don't mention the clause. I'm sure someone who knows more about it will be in shortly. How much experience do you have and hows your record?

4. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Most local companies don't even use csa scores.

5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Stick it out for the 1st year of experience. Avoid doing the following:

Hitting a bridge.
    Using ANY hand held device while driving.
    Drop a trailer accidentally.
    Wreck.
    Quitting without notice and telling the company to come get their truck.. that’s abandonment and it WILL go on your record.
    And don’t put your full trust in that “truck GPS. Get an actual paper motor carrier atlas, learn how to plan your trips.

If you make it through your first year without any preventable accidents or tickets, then you will stand a chance at finding a good small company that takes better care of their drivers.

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  6. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Does crst suck?? Yes they do, but so do most starter companies.
    Couple of things how Have you driving for them?
    How llong total and continuous have you been driving?
    What does your record look like so far?
    I have found over the years, even suck companies get better with time. Talking with UPPER management usually solves the reason your gonna quit.
    Even when you switch companies and start over (back to the bottom) you have to pay your dues. Time is the only form of payment dues accepts.

7. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    He didn’t even stick it out here! 1 silly post and then gone.

8. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    Haha that's funny. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen I guess. I took my fair share of beatings on here. I'm still here and still actively driving, as I type this I'm loading milk.

I dropped a loaded trailer once myself. I had only been at Walton for about a month or so. Extreme cold, I tugged on the trailer and it held. The tanker was frozen to the ground so I pulled hard on it. It pulled apart and the trailer came down. I was lucky no damage they just had to lift it up again. There was likely 70k of milk on that fully loaded trailer. Made one heck of a noise coming down.

Now I make sure the bolt on the front of the 5th wheel is fully in. Not all 5th wheels have that front bolt. When extreme cold I double check that thing is locked because 5th wheels act very differently in the ice/snow/extreme cold. It was a mistake I learned from and moved on.

One of our veteran drivers dropped a trailer a few weeks ago. Don't let your guard down because this guy has 20 something years driving. Highly experienced and has a very good record.

back street slider and Schoob Thank this.
  9. Okcnoob

Okcnoob Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Whats wrong with dg?

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Have you ever seen how they load the trls?...secondly, the pkg lots are not designed for 53' trls period...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.