CRST ~ Need advise!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Savearce, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Not sure on a drug test. Never had any issues there, with giving a sample, or contents of the sample.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I was under the same assumption that hair is not a DOT test. I think it's only company thing I have had companies in the past never do a hair for anyone in the company and have had some do a hair test once and after that, they only do urine test rest time I guess they assume you know not to do it that they assume I look like someone who wouldn't do it idk had this one guy like every month they tested him not sure the deal but they tested him.
    I hate coming back per month for any reason let alone if was a drug test would tick me off point of leaving I assume there was ground though he came positive at some point for that treatment.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Hair test have not been approved by the FMCSA. Many companies use hair test for prospective employees but they cannot report a dirty test as a positive. And those that pass the hair test will still have to do a pee test before driving a truck.

Upinsmoke, mjd4277 and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    So you were making a wide right turn even though you were bobtailing? What did you do? Hit the car in the next lane over?? And why wouldnt common sense tell ypu to report the accident to SOMEBODY at dispatch?? And on top of that, you were squirrely about the drug test. Not good. I can see why the company fired you, even though it stinks. A 1099 outfit will hire you, I'm sure.

6. Eddiec

Eddiec Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Were you a W-2 employee or a 1099 contract driver? I am sure they will show your attorney the orientation class schedule, where the procedures for accidents was covered.

Your biggest issue right now is that you have a possible drug test refusal on your record. You need to get a clear determination from CRST safety on how that is being reported. If it is reported as a refusal, your chances of finding a good job go down greatly.

Also, effective on 1/6/2020, any cdl driver looking for a cdl driving position, must register in the Drug Clearing House data base.

7 Things You Need to Know About the New Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse

Upinsmoke and jon69 Thank this.
  7. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I always ask; Fill er up? Premium or unleaded.

Upinsmoke and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Here is my honest take away from the OP's post and screenshots. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to ask these things before going on the road. You cannot claim ignorance when you never asked what you needed to do. You did break the contract that you signed. Seems as though you did not read through the entire thing and ask the proper questions needed to hold up your end of the contract.

Also, after reading what you sent to them, your message seemed hostile. That gives them little reason to respond to you and the moment you brought up your attorney, that completely eliminated any reason to respond.

Upinsmoke and REO6205 Thank this.
  9. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    I must ask. Does CRST have an afterhours safety hotline you can call in the event of one? I know Stevens Transport did.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  10. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I am not sure how the removal of a CDL goes if you fail a drug test or is it like a suspension after a period of time reinstated? someone told me they send you a letter and your supposed come DPS and hand the liscense in request a updated one that's downgraded. sounded strange maybe someone could verify why in world would someone do that if someone will cut it rather be me an not waste fuel

I am more confused by this info was told because sounds strange.

Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  11. Last Time Around

Last Time Around Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    When I went to orientation with my current company, and the previous company....every day they stressed
    the importance of having the after hours dispatch number and the accident hotline number. It is even
    on my company ID badge. I'd think this was SOP? Why would you be out driving OTR without knowledge of whom to contact or a number after normal biz hours for your dispatcher?

In my humble opinion, you may want to edit and get rid of all the ( !!!! ) exclamation marks.
    Sentences end in ( . ) periods unless every thing is an :
    Exclamation marks were originally called the "note of admiration." They are still, to this day, used to express excitement. They are also used to express surprise, astonishment, or any other such strong emotion. Any exclamatory sentence can be properly followed by an exclamation mark, to add additional emphasis.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Upinsmoke Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.