Current Lease Owners??

Discussion in 'Knight' started by mitchtazz, Nov 15, 2011.

1. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Do yourselves a BIG favor:

DON'T FALL FOR IT!!!

Knight does not give a rat's rear end about you and your situation!

RUN AWAY!

They will use you and abuse you like some rented mule.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Oh this will be good. Pay Knights way while they hose you. Be sure and check out beforehand all the nickel and dime fees that they rape you with. Don't won't too wait 3 days to deliver that trailer full of junk? Drop it. I think they were charging L/O's $75.00 for that a few years ago.

Keep us informed on your riches to rags story so that others can avoid the same mistakes.

4. mitchtazz

mitchtazz Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    actually, from the info i got, the only fee that's required (if you bring your own trk) is the fee for their cargo insurance... you can choose not to get a qual com, you can choose not to use their liability insurance, and you can choose not to have them do your fuel taxes also.. but they require you to use their cargo insurance... i dont know about the t-calling loads.. that's one of the things i'm trying to find out from a current lease owner.. but as of now i pretty much never t-call a load.. i know in the six/seven months i've been working for them, i can count the number on my hands and feet.. but then again i am a company driver and that may change once i'm a contractor... once again, a reason to come here and ask questions. i got a good six months to figure it all out so i'm in no rush.

5. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl

i know, i was looking around and thought that it'd be ok to lease from them because they'd really want to run me, but then the horror stories about getting short miles at the end of the lease and going butt cheeks up surfaced.. so i was like nah.. did the math on the trucks they were leasing.. and i figured i'd come out better buy a truck that i really wanted with a few extra miles, but have the ability to take it to another carrier if i wanted to.

6. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

Sounds like you are doing your homework. The original purpose of a T-call was to keep the driver from sitting around when arriving early for the appmt, so as to keep him/her running. I T-called many times arriving at my home terminal on a Fri/Sat for a Mon delivery, which if didnt happen would delay my home time by sitting in the Phx term & waiting.

T-calls also gave dispatch flexibility to swap loads & meet immediate deliveries. T-calls, altho may sometimes be 'inconvenient,' for me usually worked out in the long run over time as a benefit.

Also, getting a Qcom is not a must?? That's the leash & whip they use of the drivers!

Again, good luck with whatever your decision..OD

7. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    thanks alot sir, i appreciate you informing me instead of hoe slapping me across the face to even mentioning leasing to such a "horrible" company. once again, many thanks.

8. JAX853

JAX853 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    MitchTazz, when you are in a terminal and see any Phx L/O truck 3000-3025 series, asked them about the lease. If you want the true skinny, they are near the end or completed the lease.

9. mitchtazz

Sep 6, 2009
    Lake Wales, Fl
    Ok, last lease owner I talked to was at the Hutchins, TX yard and he had only a few months left on he Volvo. But he said they've changed the program simce he's been in it. He said the whole ballon payment thing started after he got his truck.

10. JAX853

JAX853 Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Phoenix, Az
    You have the option of turning the ballon payment into a loan at the end.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.