DAC Report

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Roadway0710, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Coolbreeze100

Coolbreeze100 Medium Load Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Macon, GA
    Glad I was able to provide you an opportunity to use your new word.

JimmyWells Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. martym

martym Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Put their name in RipOffReport, that ought to get them drivers.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Ok Homes.

/TEASING....

Anyhow I don't have that kind of jive in my language.

It is not just DAC and so forth, you also need to remember that in many states a company is allowed for example one of my previous employers tell a prospective employer on the phone that they blacklisted me. In their specific state of Indiana, they are allowed to state that verbally, but I watch them very carefully and follow up with a request for written checks from this old employer so that if they ever write that word BK down, then they just broke Indiana law and I can go get em.

Fortunately I don't have to keep doing this, the problem was so long ago that there is no more checking that far back in time.

Many drivers getting into the industry do not understand what is possible to do to them with these kinds of reports. Usually they don't even know anything until they quit, get fired or have a wreck etc and try to hire on with someone else. Then they are told about this DAC. Otherwise no one has a clue.

That I think is the great deception. It will need to be stopped. I don't mind bad drivers being tossed from the industry, as well they should be. But Drivers do require some protection as well from abuses of this system because a butthurt employer strikes back with malice and not facts.

5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015

That’s one of the reasons this industry has such a turnover problem... a lot of companies (not all, theres still a few good small outfits that are good to drivers but it’s dwindling) will constantly screw drivers any way they can. And then the driver gets fed up and quits, and the company acts like the psycho ex girlfriend who can’t figure out why she isn’t wanted anymore after her guy decided he’d had enough.

Unfortunately there is little hope for this change since a lot of companies have been handed off to a new generation who not only has never driven a truck, but has no idea what a driver goes through. They don’t listen to what the driver tells them, and it’s obvious they just don’t care.

I remember one large company some time ago announced they were going to hire a consulting firm to figure out why drivers were leaving. If a company does that along with backbiting former drivers it clearly shows their incompetence in dealing with turnover.

Toomanybikes and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Ha Ha! Psycho ex-girlfriend definitely is a good description for most of these companies.

7. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.