1. #1 Kenworth

#1 Kenworth Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New England
    Drive a 2500 series van in my off time. Had a diesel Boss dash cam for years but its life has ended. Looking for a good but not break the bank dash cam. Dont need a camera for rear view.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kutscher

kutscher Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2011
    hesperia, ca
    I like the idea of a "no name" action cam. Even in 4k You should get them for a little bit over 50$. The memory card, depends how big You want it. Should be between 20 and 60$. My is set up that it starts when the electricity is on. With a big card it records about 20h. The holder for the camery I made self. I will later. Maybe I find a picture about the set up which works. I have several of them. When it is hot I don*t put the battery in. The batteries does not like the extreme heat. Then it runs only on the electricity from the USB.
    M.

Schlucker and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  4. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Dont cheap out on a camera. Youll regret it when you try to pull a video and its corrupted.

Rideandrepair and Puppage Thank this.
  5. Iamoverit

Iamoverit Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    I use a Street Guardian and it's been hassle free. You can always add a second rear facing lens to it if you ever decide to expand later. It also uses a removable micro SD card for storage.

It does audio too by simply tapping an on/off button. Great for dealing with law enforcement. It has GPS, timestamp, speed etc etc that can be shown on the video or hidden as well.

6. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I have 4 Rexing V1 dash cams. You can get the basic with 1080p or the 4K model. Personally, I tried the 4k. I went back to the basic model.

7. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    I have the Viofo A119 V3. It is excellent in low light as well.

A119 V3 WITH GPS

8. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.