Daylight savings time

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Fordmechanic, Nov 4, 2017.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I'd like to see that.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte

tscottme and mitrucker Thank this.
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    :biggrin_2552:I wanted to see the pic of your elog you was gonna post for the time change. LOL

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

On paper I've always ingored time change until I had sleeper, on-duty, or off duty time. Then calculate as if you had a stopwatch measuring that duty status. The paper log is easy when you lose an hour, just shade 1 hour column out, and note in the remarks. I'm on e-logs now and was in the sleeper this time.

6. tscottme

FYI, you're not required to do anything at the 2am change of time. You ARE required to update your log when you change your duty status. If you are driving near the time change, keep driving. When you stop, even if it's hours later, THEN you can account for the time change on paper. Drive like the time change never happened, then when you change duty status log it with the changed clock and note it in remarks. Just imagine using a stopwatch to measure your 4 lines.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If i had to run paper. I'd just ignore it and figure out off duty. throw in a remark if i had to fuel. I ran laptop when i was OTR. I don't even remember what it did. It's been over 18 months since i came back to local. I think it just shifted the times.

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

9. tscottme

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is ONE WAY how to show the Spring time change (Spring Forward) when you lose an hour. Notice the X from 5am - 6am. That hour "disappears" and your daily total will only be 23.

For clarity, I used 1 hour Pre-Trip, 30 minute break, and Post-Trip.

10. tscottme

Im not seeing the pic of my example log page forbthe Spring time change. Here's the link if you don't see the pic.
    https://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/media/20171108_155635.19160/

11. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    If you want to split hairs...
    When it springs forward the clock goes from 1:59 to 3:00
    Hour of 0200 left out
    Fall back it goes from 1:59 to 1:00
    Hour of 0100 repeated

tscottme and scottied67 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.