DCJR Enterprises, LLC - Mobile, AL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Lgaff, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Lgaff

Lgaff Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2021
    At the beginning of this year David Crawford Jr. & I began to discuss the transport business/18 wheelers. Over the next several weeks, he convinced me to become a partner with him & go in on an 18 wheeler for his business, DCJR Enterprises, LLC which ended up to be a scam to use my money to increase his fleet & he has refused to finish his payments to me the we agreed upon. He has possession of the truck & I'm S.O.L.
    Feb 8 David Crawford Jr. asked in an email to P-Fund if he could add an additional name to truck title & paperwork in reference to co-purchase of 18 wheeler from Schnieider with myself
    Feb 12 Purchased 2 one-way tickets to Indianapolis & travel insurance for David Crawford Jr. & myself to pick up Freightliner Cascadia
    Feb 13 Gave David Crawford Jr. $8,486.00 cash for down payment for Freightliner Cascadia
    Feb 26 Unpaid leave from work, flight to Indianapolis, drove back to Mobile, AL same day, arriving Saturday morning
    Feb 22 David Crawford Jr. Signs our truck with Cross Transportation, Inc.
    David told me that every Friday would be pay day, once he received the settlement sheet from Cross. Truck scheduled to hit the road the following week.
    I did not realize that he had already signed with Cross before we picked up the truck.
    Mon, March 1, 2021 - David told me that he has to wait for title to register truck before it goes on the road
    March 1 - 5 - truck to be driven to Cross Trucking, Inc. in Spring Hill, TN
    March 8 - 12 - Truck is working. When I called David on Friday to ask about pay, he stated that we are “one week in the hole” due to a tire blow out, purchasing & installing an inverter & insurance. This is after he calls me back after I ask him to explain to me why we did not make a profit in week one, yelling at me & telling me I’m a “silent partner, do you know what that means?!” He starts sending me random photos of receipts w/o explanation, saying they were costs deducted from what he would have paid me that week
    March 15 - 19 Truck is working, received settlement sheet from David on 3/17/21, which is dated for week ending 3/12/21 for $2483 - once again, I do not see how “we” did not make a profit. He still has not sent me any money from the week of work
    March 19 - I received a text message from David stating that my “cut this week is $491.50”. (half of $983 - where did this # come from?) He then goes on to list $1275 in “bills” but does not provide details, plus my half the truck note, which is $604.50 & states that we will talk later. (He never sends me this money)
    At 3:46 pm he texts me again to tell me to “call when you can” I call him after 5pm when I am off work & he tells me he is driving, he will call me back in 30 minutes. He does not call me back
    Sat, March 20, 2021 - I text him “Call me whenever you wanna talk, I know you’re busy” he replies “ok”
    At 12:40 pm I text him & state that “ I’m starting to get really stressed out, starting to think something is wrong. I know you talk & text while driving. I’d really appreciate some reassurance. Thanks.” He replies “nothing is wrong but please don’t stress me out when I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off dealing with these trucks. I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT LOSE A DIME WITH ME.” I tell him “ok. Be safe out there.”
    At 3:54 pm he starts sending me photos of random truck parts, telling me “another $100”
    I text him back telling him “That sucks! I am sorry that you are having a rough day. I didn’t know for sure (until earlier) that you were actually driving. I thought you were in Florida this weekend.
    Look, we are in this together. Whatever I can do to help, please let me know. I know that you have your stresses & I also have mine, but we can share THIS stress together. Good communication between me & you, I think that would help a lot.... etc....
    Mon, Mar 22 David text me to inform me that ONLY DCJR is on the title to the truck, (we are BOTH on the financial paperwork) but he’s going to make sure that I get my money back by paying me $1000 a week till he pays back the $9000, then says he’ll work on making me a profit. He also states that he no longer wants the truck & wants to make arrangements for me to take over the truck from P-Fund. He then goes on to tell me that he no longer sees me as a partner, but as an investor that he has to give me a return on my money. *He keeps changing the parameters of our business relationship to suit his needs
    Thurs Mar 25 - David texts me & asks if $11,000 for a buy out is fair. I agree to the amount. He then requests me to type up a contract or promissory note for him to sign. That night I type up the promissory note & email it to him highlighting the terms, the amount, frequency & total & he refuses to sign it. Texting me & saying he doesn’t owe me anything.
    He begins to make payments of $500 a week towards the $11,000 we agreed upon, every friday.
    Fri Apr 16, he is late making a payment & I send him a request. He denies the requests, & begins to send me aggressive texts. He ends up paying me by the end of the day. (?!)
    Fri July 23 - David texts me & says he made the final payment of $9000 & that’s all he’s paying me because the trucks been broken down He then tells me “good luck”
    I tell him that is not the amount that we agreed upon & he says that he would not even consider giving me a profit when he lost. (*That’s not how business works, you meet your obligations regardless of whether you like it or not, whether you lose money or not) I tell him that I expect him to be a man of his word, & that is not the amount we agreed upon, etc.. I quote his previous texts back to him & he says he never said any of these things (I have screenshots of all his texts)
    So, here I am.. telling this story to the world. Yes, I know I made a mistake getting into business with a friend, someone I trusted..dumb me. Lesson learned. But also lessons gained. Since this adventure with David, I have enrolled in CDL school, gotten my permit & am learning to drive. Next, I will buy my own truck - without a partner!

Badmon, Lonesome and sevenmph Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Sorry to hear that. Get cdl then work for a company. Learn the ropes. If you bought a truck first you will be broke quicker than you thank.

Lgaff and alds Thank this.
  4. Hyweighman

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Feel free to pm me if you want.
    I have a terminal in mobile

5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Recruiting?

6. Hyweighman

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Nope. No we dont hire drivers with no experience also no company drivers

REO6205 Thanks this.
  7. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    Go online and file a judgement against him. That will follow him no matter where he goes, or what he tries to get on credit. It becomes part of his credit file. I did that 15 years ago to a miserable, lying, low rent neighbor when a huge tree on his property fell over into my property, destroyed a 30 foot section of my newly installed fence, then refused to get the tree removed and fix my fence. All I did was notify him of my intentions, replaced the fence myself, and had a tree company come and remove the section of tree on my property. Went online, filed the proper paperwork and waited. Fast forward 10 years, Mr and Mrs Low Rent sell their house, but can’t give clear title because of the lean. All of a sudden he becomes my best friend. Me? Had a letter sent from my attorney demanding payment in full. 3 days after they closed on their house, I had the $3100 in hand. Again, you can do this all yourself. But if there’s a chance he’ll pay you, then hold off and try to collect.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Lgaff and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    *Generally*, when someone offers up a partnership it’s because they can’t secure the funds for their grand plan through other means which usually means potential creditors have strong reservations about the business plan.

That said, all is not lost. As stated in the previous post, you can always file a lien on his company and hope he doesn’t file for bankruptcy.

Lgaff, TB John and JohnBoy Thank this.
  9. Lgaff

Lgaff Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2021
    Thanks for the advice. How do I file a judgement online? I googled it & a bunch of "free" court forms came up... can you recommend a website? Thanks! :)

10. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    You have to go on the courts website for the county this took place in. At least that’s how I did it where I live.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.